PDA

View Full Version : school bus rant

mowgli
25-04-10, 05:25 PM
my eldest daughter goes on a school bus the 4 miles to high school.....
at the moment we pay £240 per year for the bus..... next year we must pay £400

this is a rise of 67% 67 bloody percent

now, as far as i can tell, we are in a recession, & interest rates are still 0.5%, and i even checked with a school bus operator who isn't getting any more money for his work...........

this is in leicestershire, has anyone else been subjected to this kind of extortion in any other school authorities????

Ben
25-04-10, 05:27 PM
4 miles make her walk!

djbrowney
25-04-10, 05:28 PM
school buses where i live were and still are free lol

NovaLad
25-04-10, 05:28 PM
4 miles make her walk!
Fook that... I wouldn't let my daughter walk that far without a rape alarm and a tw4t bat!

EDIT- I don't have a daughter... but if i did lol

mowgli
25-04-10, 05:29 PM
4 miles make her walk!

I assume you are not a parent.................

bai1ey
25-04-10, 05:30 PM
shocking increase surly there is a cheaper way round us taxis have like contracts and dont get paid that i dont think per pupil

bmw156
25-04-10, 05:31 PM
Supply and Demand.
unfortunally

Connor
25-04-10, 05:32 PM
Public Transport ehh :roll:

mowgli
25-04-10, 05:35 PM
shocking increase surly there is a cheaper way round us taxis have like contracts and dont get paid that i dont think per pupil

we have got a group together & we have got the local taxi firms to price it up.. i find out in the next couple of days.....

then the year after next, i'll have 2 kids at the high school, so that will be at least £800 for 40 weeks........

i'd let them cycle except for the 2 mile country road that goes to the school is a notorious 'race track'

it is the best publicly funded school in the district, and is run by the catholics who give their kids free bus travel, we aren't catholic, so we get robbed, next year the catholics have to pay £240 too

there is a service bus that runs to the school, and the council are stopping the subsidy for that too...

AND THESE ARE THE SAME POLITICIANS WHO WANT US TO USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like hell are they

Ben
25-04-10, 05:37 PM
I assume you are not a parent.................

I used to have to walk that far everyday.

My neice now has a mile walk to the bu stop as her school is miles away.

MattBrown
25-04-10, 05:40 PM
we have got a group together & we have got the local taxi firms to price it up.. i find out in the next couple of days.....

then the year after next, i'll have 2 kids at the high school, so that will be at least £800 for 40 weeks........

i'd let them cycle except for the 2 mile country road that goes to the school is a notorious 'race track'

it is the best publicly funded school in the district, and is run by the catholics who give their kids free bus travel, we aren't catholic, so we get robbed, next year the catholics have to pay £240 too

there is a service bus that runs to the school, and the council are stopping the subsidy for that too...

AND THESE ARE THE SAME POLITICIANS WHO WANT US TO USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like hell are they

So its cheaper if your a member of some tush religion?

AHEM, where there discrimination, theres a claim:)

Get onto someone in the council, thats total bullshat, if your a catholic you get it cheaper? WTF?

smcgsi16v
25-04-10, 05:48 PM
I used to have to walk that far everyday.

My neice now has a mile walk to the bu stop as her school is miles away.

I use to walk that distance too, but that was between 15-20 years ago.

And sadly times have changed for the worse.:mad:

I'm not a parent, but there would be no way in hell I would allow my kids to walk 4 miles to school.

bazil
25-04-10, 06:07 PM
when i attened high school i stayed 3 miles from the nearest village, the local council had a tender for local taxi companies to take us bumpkin kids to the village for the school bus and it was free, how times change.

mowgli
25-04-10, 06:09 PM
So its cheaper if your a member of some tush religion?

AHEM, where there discrimination, theres a claim:)

Get onto someone in the council, thats total bullshat, if your a catholic you get it cheaper? WTF?

we applied to get our daughter into a faith school, even though she is not of that faith....... the catholic church actually pays for a huge chunk of the school's running costs, so i don't have a problem with the catholics having a better deal, as they actually pay in the first place.

the religion card can't be played.....

the fact is that the school is simply the best one in the area

dj_wudgey
25-04-10, 08:49 PM
thats sh*te that matey!! id take her myself me bud!! if thats not possible just grin and bear it mate you dont want your young one treking 4 miles every day now do you??

pikey1986
25-04-10, 08:53 PM
our local bus service for school kids is about 50p each way and free if their parent/s are on the dole

mayhem
25-04-10, 08:53 PM
in holland, kids ride a bike to school.

no wonder that there are a lot of obese kids in the UK

mr5050
25-04-10, 09:03 PM
in holland, kids ride a bike to school.

no wonder that there are a lot of obese kids in the UK

in England, we have hills! and pedophiles that are not too stoned to do anything;)

dj_wudgey
25-04-10, 09:05 PM
in England, we have hills! and pedophiles that are not too stoned to do anything;)

fpmsl!

Rexy
25-04-10, 09:11 PM
Mowgli, would it not save you £££ if you drove her to and from school?

I know thats 16 miles a day but im sure it would work out safer, cheaper and more reliable lol.

Jon_nova1
25-04-10, 09:14 PM
when i was at school back in 2001, it cost me 41P each way which was 4 miles!

mowgli
25-04-10, 09:23 PM
Mowgli, would it not save you £££ if you drove her to and from school?

I know thats 16 miles a day but im sure it would work out safer, cheaper and more reliable lol.

cos i'm at work at 7.30 am, and she doesn't catch the bus till 8:30, then i work till at least 6, then the other 2 go to the primary school in town..

dj_wudgey
25-04-10, 09:33 PM
^^ thats **** then mate!! dont you know any one with kids in the same school it be good if you could get them a regular drive to school or something liek that!

mowgli
25-04-10, 09:39 PM
all of us are in the same boat, we have to be at 2 schools at once, so the school bus was ideal

Andy
25-04-10, 09:43 PM
boycott it and buy a transit minibus and run it on cherry

MattBrown
25-04-10, 09:48 PM
we applied to get our daughter into a faith school, even though she is not of that faith....... the catholic church actually pays for a huge chunk of the school's running costs, so i don't have a problem with the catholics having a better deal, as they actually pay in the first place.

the religion card can't be played.....

the fact is that the school is simply the best one in the area

Stop moaning, and pay then?

You wont play the only card in your hand, so get ya dolar outlol

MattBrown
25-04-10, 09:49 PM
boycott it and buy a transit minibus and run it on cherry

Hero:thumb: lol

mowgli
25-04-10, 09:52 PM
Stop moaning, and pay then?

You wont play the only card in your hand, so get ya dolar outlol

i am not & will never be a bigot

mowgli
25-04-10, 09:53 PM
Hero:thumb: lol

having seen what school bus operators do already, that is nothing

MattBrown
25-04-10, 09:56 PM
having seen what school bus operators do already, that is nothing

Our school bus ran on red quite abit, and was way overloaded, them were the dayslol

Andy
25-04-10, 09:59 PM
Our school bus ran on red quite abit, and was way overloaded, them were the dayslol
How the fukk do you know??! did you fill it up?! lol

dj_wudgey
25-04-10, 10:02 PM
all of us are in the same boat, we have to be at 2 schools at once, so the school bus was ideal

gutted matey just grin and bear it for your young one's sake bud!!

mowgli
25-04-10, 10:02 PM
i once got into an almighty row with a bus operator when i worked at a heavy vehicle spares shop.. basically i became aware that he needed new drums, cos brake shoes are exchange on big stuff & his were shagged and had worn the metal off let alone the rivets, and i rang him up & told him i would be selling him a new set of drums & he'd be buying them.... and if he didn't, i'd be ringing the authorities..... he tried to get me sacked.... i kept my job & he bought the drums

mr5050
25-04-10, 10:12 PM
fpmsl!
???

Stuart
25-04-10, 10:23 PM
i am a bi-goat

we know you are old, but atleast be kind to yourself and dont refer to yourself as a goat.

When I was at College in 1997-99 we had to pay £160 for the 'year' (9 months) bus pass and that was on a stagecoach robbing bastid bus that ran for about 15 miles eachway. Bargain. Till I learn to drive and the bus could go do one.

Can you ask the school/council to justify the increase with the fact its public money and should be transparent to all etc. What if you cant afford to pay that much more.... you take the kid out of school and then you get to goto prison for that? Bet the papers would have a field day regarding that little story

Mike
25-04-10, 11:46 PM

There still cheap here but the run on red diesel i think?

67% increase is a bloody pish take tho!

Jack
26-04-10, 12:09 PM
If they're council owned, they'll be on red. If private contractors (most of the ones round here are) they'll be on normal derv.

wwmnw
26-04-10, 03:34 PM

Ditto.

djbrowney
26-04-10, 04:34 PM
when i was 14 i worked on this little public ferry service that runs across the river ouse in kings lynn, was subsidised by the goverment like all public service and ran on red !!!

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/7951533

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/7951533

mayhem
26-04-10, 05:08 PM

oeww, a hill... and rain, and wind.. ride the f*cking bike, youre not made of suger, you wont melt from a bit of rain.

and pedophiles?! she's already in a catholic school... she's safer driving a bike through Harpurhey at midnight.

Pete
26-04-10, 06:21 PM
thats a big increase...
well Mowgli all i can say is, for a travel card for the Kinch Bus that runs from Leicester to Loughborough, ( i get on in barrow to loughborough college) cost £360 a year to get, and thats on fekin public buses. if you was to live in sileby the pass costs £435, extra £75 for the sakes of a mile between barrow and sileby...

mowgli
26-04-10, 08:43 PM
oeww, a hill... and rain, and wind.. ride the f*cking bike, youre not made of suger, you wont melt from a bit of rain.

and pedophiles?! she's already in a catholic school... she's safer driving a bike through Harpurhey at midnight.

maybe the catholic schools are different in the netherlands cos they are very good in england..... british cycle lanes are designed by ar$eholes who hate cycles, and the motoring culture over here means that a lot of car drivers use bikes as targets

Benn
26-04-10, 08:47 PM
£240????????????? Funk, surely a normal bus card is cheaper? I under stand not as safe tho.

And a catholic school? *vom* Religion and schools should never be mixed. Religion has no place in schools.

MattBrown
26-04-10, 08:51 PM

So, So true!

Biggest know paedophilic organisation around the world.

But then, whos to say its not all lies?

Come her little choir boiislol

mowgli
26-04-10, 08:51 PM
£240????????????? Funk, surely a normal bus card is cheaper? I under stand not as safe tho.

And a catholic school? *vom* Religion and schools should never be mixed. Religion has no place in schools.

Benn, the other bus is losing its sudsidy, so it will stop running....

the best thing about a faith school is when you aren't of that faith, they just teach you the curriculum

MattBrown
26-04-10, 08:53 PM

the best thing about a faith school is when you aren't of that faith, they just teach you the curriculum

Ahh right, so its a normal school, with a bigger budget, and loads of "religion" to keep the kids well behaved.

Good results I imagine?

Still not for melol

mowgli
26-04-10, 08:57 PM
no, matt, they are just like a normal school, except the teachers take no sh!t off the pupils, one word or step out of place & they get a right boll0cking, stuck in detention & the parents get phoned immediately.... its like schools were back in my youth, but with better computers.......

MattBrown
26-04-10, 08:58 PM
no, matt, they are just like a normal school, except the teachers take no sh!t off the pupils, one word or step out of place & they get a right boll0cking, stuck in detention & the parents get phoned immediately.... its like schools were back in my youth, but with better computers.......

Dont lie, in your day there were NO computerslol

mowgli
26-04-10, 09:03 PM
Dont lie, in your day there were NO computerslol

oh, we did....

http://www.edparsons.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/30494095-062c-410f-8ca8-63f99a141e7c.jpghttp://beyondthepaleblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/zxspectrum_48k.jpg

and my favourite and the great grandfather of the iphone......

http://acorn.chriswhy.co.uk/Pics/BBCDE1.JPG

Benn
26-04-10, 09:09 PM

Oh right, i'm taking it you or the wife cant take her to school?

Would a taxi be cheaper? As stupid as it sounds.

mowgli
26-04-10, 09:23 PM
Oh right, i'm taking it you or the wife cant take her to school?

Would a taxi be cheaper? As stupid as it sounds.

you really don't bother with this thread reading, do you???

Benn
26-04-10, 09:24 PM
Sorry i read your first post then skipped. Sorry.

mayhem
26-04-10, 09:30 PM
maybe the catholic schools are different in the netherlands cos they are very good in england..... british cycle lanes are designed by ar$eholes who hate cycles, and the motoring culture over here means that a lot of car drivers use bikes as targets

lol i'm in the UK this summer, remind me to hit a cycler.

i still dont see why she cant take the bike.
i live on a small island, longest distance to get to school is about 20km for some kids.
we dont have school busses, and in the winter most of them use public transport.

nothing ever happens.

mowgli
26-04-10, 09:32 PM
ok, i'll be honest, she has the road sense of a suicidal hedghog...... seriously, she tries, but just hasn't got that whole lane discipline thing sorted

wwmnw
26-04-10, 09:33 PM
lol i'm in the UK this summer, remind me to hit a cycler.

i still dont see why she cant take the bike.
i live on a small island, longest distance to get to school is about 20km for some kids.
we dont have school busses, and in the winter most of them use public transport.

nothing ever happens.

What brings you to the UK this summer?

mayhem
26-04-10, 09:34 PM
beer and sex.

first 2 weeks of july, somewhere south'ish.

bournemouth any good?

Jack
26-04-10, 09:35 PM
bournemouth is a bit sh!t really, but meh. Not far from me though :d

mowgli
26-04-10, 09:36 PM
beer and sex.

first 2 weeks of july, somewhere south'ish.

bournemouth any good?

no, on both counts.......

brighton is great if you like gay sex....

southend is fine if you want to get chlamydia & an ankle tag

try south west, it is big mileage, but much better

Andy
26-04-10, 09:38 PM
ok, i'll be honest, she has the road sense of a suicidal hedghog...... seriously, she tries, but just hasn't got that whole lane discipline thing sorted
Dont tell me the govt have scrapped the Cycling Proficiency for 6th years??
I thought everyone had to do that because of cycling to secondary school???

MK999
26-04-10, 09:40 PM

I failed it twice :( cutting across the line on a right hand turn by half inch is hardly a crime imo and never got me killed lol

mowgli
oh, no, she did it........ lets just say that nobody fails it these days

Benn

They did once, but going by my old school and my bro you dont have to any one.

Andy
26-04-10, 09:41 PM
I failed it twice :( cutting across the line on a right hand turn by half inch is hardly a crime imo and never got me killed lol
What??!!! i wheelied in mine and still passed FLOL lol

MK999
26-04-10, 09:46 PM
What??!!! i wheelied in mine and still passed FLOL lol

I got failed for that and the guy that never looked up when he was cycling just got an "advisory" style warning for it and passed, I think they didn't like the look of my scrapheap challenge bike, neither did I tbh but the parents wouldn't fork out for a new one lol

They were probably right actually as in the end the brakes failed down a hill and I T-boned my mate and bent both his wheels and sent myself flying into the path of a rover lol

Andy
26-04-10, 09:48 PM
lol lol lol lol im nearly in tears at that lol lol

Riggy
26-04-10, 10:31 PM

FPMSL , there is a little estate called harpurhey (http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/115/115768_harpurhey_the_worst_place_in_england.html) 2 miles from me and it is a complete ****hole lol , where all the wish the was bad boys hang around lol , so that just made me spit my drink everywhere lol

mayhem
27-04-10, 02:41 PM
FPMSL , there is a little estate called harpurhey (http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/115/115768_harpurhey_the_worst_place_in_england.html) 2 miles from me and it is a complete ****hole lol , where all the wish the was bad boys hang around lol , so that just made me spit my drink everywhere lol

best part of it... i had a look at that article after my google 'UK's worst neighbourhood'..

i mean, i had to name something

lol

mayhem
27-04-10, 02:43 PM

so what's the uk's place to be in the summer?

beer, sex and party.

Stuart
27-04-10, 02:44 PM

beer, sex and party.

Swansea lol

mowgli
27-04-10, 03:09 PM

beer, sex and party.

amsterdam?????

mayhem
27-04-10, 03:21 PM
lol

Riggy
27-04-10, 05:57 PM
best part of it... i had a look at that article after my google 'UK's worst neighbourhood'..

i mean, i had to name something

lol

lol forget the south , come and see the sights then lol

Benn
27-04-10, 06:10 PM
lol forget the south , come and see the sights then lol

The norths more of a sh*te hole than the south...lol

Bubba
27-04-10, 07:03 PM

stay the feck outa Cornwall! lol