PDA

View Full Version : Nova GTE - G173TRG (anyone ??)

paddokx
25-04-10, 01:12 PM
Hi

The mid life crisis is full steam ahead now so here goes !!

Does anyone on the board own my old car or has it gone to the graveyard ??

Nova GTE - Red
Factory fitted sunroof, factory alloys
Reg : G173TRG - I think, not as young as I was so the memory is fading !!!

I remember I had the head done by Bill Bldenstein & a full Sebring exhaust, took it up to 125bhp. I drove down to London with a mate of mine & had the work done (thanks to a nice loan from the Co-op). I drove it away thinking it was no quicker, spent all that money I was gutted all the way home to Durham !!!

Until !!! After I dropped my mate off I approached a roundabout at the beginning of a stretch of dual carriageway & along comes a young lad in a G reg XR3i, I left him for dead, the conversion was worth every penny from that point on. (God I have told this story so many times to mates of mine, not on here though)

125bhp almost seems pathetic, my VW Caddy has 140bhp

Would love to hear !!

Cheers
Paul

let_nova
25-04-10, 01:15 PM
Date of Liability 01 08 2002
Date of First Registration 08 02 1990
Year of Manufacture 1990
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1598CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £112.75 12 Months Rate £205.00

dead

LEWI007
25-04-10, 01:16 PM
Reg doesnt ring any bells to me, good luck on the search.

LET-Nova, - How does that mean its dead ? my nova comes back as unlicensed ??

paddokx
25-04-10, 01:18 PM
Gutted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It did'nt get an easy life off me.

Thanks for the info

LEWI007
25-04-10, 01:24 PM
It might not be scrapped, i did the exact same search on MY Nova and it says the same thing, "Unlicensed". my nova is just parked in the garage with no tax or test or anything on it...

Nobby
25-04-10, 03:18 PM
Date of Liability - 01 08 2002

this is when the tax was last due and hasnt been taxed for 10 years so either its in storage which is highly unlikely or is dead

dj_wudgey
25-04-10, 08:58 PM
more than likely dead id say but you never know!

steg1970
26-04-10, 07:39 AM
I remember I had the head done by Bill Bldenstein & a full Sebring exhaust, took it up to 125bhp. I drove down to London with a mate of mine & had the work done (thanks to a nice loan from the Co-op). I drove it away thinking it was no quicker, spent all that money I was gutted all the way home to Durham !!!

I had the same experience, in 1992 when my GSi was only six months old I did the 600 mile round trip to Mr Blydensteins workshop near Cambridge to have a B+ pack fitted, I think it was in a village called Shepreth or something like that, he lent me a blue Mk1 Cavalier for the day which I slept in in a layby.

When I got the car back I was mightily disapointed with the performance, but over time the engine got better and better. Not long before I swapped the motor for a XE in 1994 it had 108 at the wheels on an otherwise standard car. Happy days.

I know my old car is dead, I sold it to a lad who sold it to another lad and so on. Eventually it disapeared and I didn't see it for a couple of years. Then when I started rallying I answered an advert from someone breaking a GSi only 5 miles from my house. When I got to this lads house he swung open the garage door to reveal my old car looking very worse for ware. I bought some bits and the rest went for scrap. The only bit that survives of that car is the oil pressure gauge which lives on in my rally car.

MattBrown
26-04-10, 08:01 AM
I had the same experience, in 1992 when my GSi was only six months old I did the 600 mile round trip to Mr Blydensteins workshop near Cambridge to have a B+ pack fitted, I think it was in a village called Shepreth or something like that, he lent me a blue Mk1 Cavalier for the day which I slept in in a layby.

When I got the car back I was mightily disapointed with the performance, but over time the engine got better and better. Not long before I swapped the motor for a XE in 1994 it had 108 at the wheels on an otherwise standard car. Happy days.

I know my old car is dead, I sold it to a lad who sold it to another lad and so on. Eventually it disapeared and I didn't see it for a couple of years. Then when I started rallying I answered an advert from someone breaking a GSi only 5 miles from my house. When I got to this lads house he swung open the garage door to reveal my old car looking very worse for ware. I bought some bits and the rest went for scrap. The only bit that survives of that car is the oil pressure gauge which lives on in my rally car.

Good to keep some small bits alive:thumb:

paddokx
27-04-10, 09:09 PM
Hi Steg

You just reminded me of the B+ pack, ohhh memories !!!!

I love hearing these old stories

Cheers

ps anyone have any further details on Mr Blydensteins conversions ???

16v Nova Kev
27-04-10, 09:17 PM
Date of Liability - 01 08 2002

this is when the tax was last due and hasnt been taxed for 10 years so either its in storage which is highly unlikely or is dead

not really my track car has been of the road since 1998:roll:

david dixon
27-04-10, 09:20 PM
how long ago was this? that plate rings a bell from years and years ago

david.

paddokx
28-04-10, 08:06 PM
hi David

I bought the car new in 1990 from a Vauxhall dealer somewhere in Durham (not Bristol Street motors, Claypath, Durham), i think it was somewhere near Sacriston

I kept it i think for 2-3 years, used to have Koni adjustable's, Sebring exhaust & a Kenwood sticker in the back window (I know CHAV !!!) I cant remeber where I sold it to, sure it was someone from Durham

What makes you think you know the reg ??

I am (splutter splutter) 40 yours young now

Cheers
Paul

david dixon
28-04-10, 08:19 PM
i'm 32 myself mate, I have always had nova's and knew most of them around this area specially since before my old gte was freen it used to be red its self!

sure it rings a bell!