PDA

View Full Version : rat look

CP
24-04-10, 05:18 PM
Well if the V Dubs that swamped out all the roads round Pod this weekend are anything to go by the rat look is definitely in. Some of the van were comical and I've even seen fairly modern Polo's etc done. I saw one that looked fairly normally modded apart from the roof which looked like half of it had been used as a base for a BBQ:confused:

NovaLad
24-04-10, 05:19 PM
My old nova is now in that 'rat look'. :( i miss that car :(

Edd
24-04-10, 06:45 PM
Rat look = nonsense

craig green
24-04-10, 06:47 PM
Big shame, the jokes on them really, I hope concourse comes back 'in', they'll all be funked.

Do I assume most of the drivers are sporting tattoo's & Henleys T-shirts

stevie-p
24-04-10, 06:49 PM
agree - utter nonsense (imho) nothing wrong with tattoos

craig green
24-04-10, 06:51 PM
nothing wrong with tattoos

Only that once someone has one, wether they regret it or not, they'll always proclaim its great. So they'll never be allowed to go out of trend..

Thought this was about rat look Dubs though...;)

Edd
24-04-10, 06:51 PM
agree - utter nonsense (imho) nothing wrong with tattoos
Apart from being a complete waste of cash and looking shocking in ten years time :thumb:

Edd
24-04-10, 07:02 PM
Tbh I can't see why anyone would want to rat look a car.

Worth less when you sell it on, if you can. lol and does NOT look good with any scretch of the imagination.

Idiots the lot of them.

waynes sri
24-04-10, 07:07 PM
tats and henleys mmmm sounds like me but im a nice person lol

muzzy
24-04-10, 07:10 PM
Rat look = nonsense

Agreed

craig green
24-04-10, 07:26 PM
Tbh I can't see why anyone would want to rat look a car.

Worth less when you sell it on, if you can. lol and does NOT look good with any scretch of the imagination.

Idiots the lot of them.

Nothing but a bunch of 'fashion victims' if you ask me, not that its remotely fashionable. But does seeing enough people doing something ever mean you have to join in yourself?

Oh everyone is making their cars look pretend rusty & fU**ed, think I'll do the same...... I've been spending the last 10 years trying to build the cleanest & rot free Nova I could, not encouraging the stuff. :(

Rat look is the best excuse ever for not building a decent car.

dj_wudgey
24-04-10, 07:43 PM
Big shame, the jokes on them really, I hope concourse comes back 'in', they'll all be funked.

Do I assume most of the drivers are sporting tattoo's & Henleys T-shirts

concourse never went imo!! but rat look is a load off sh*te!!

Lee
24-04-10, 07:44 PM
Its not even proper rat. Proper rat is where you take a car thats been in a field used as a hen house for ten years, and renew all the mechanicals leaving the body looking...... like a hen house.

purposefully making a car rusty is just madness IMO. i love proper rat cars, but this copycat stuff is just crap!

Jack
24-04-10, 08:10 PM
Shat look lol

IMO Rat Look is all about having a massive spec powerhouse engine, maybe a set of nice wheels, and not having any money (or having the desire) to work on the body, letting it go all ratty. Some will disagree, but to me thats the essence of rat look - that M3/Evo/Impreza/whatever owner laughs at your car for looking like a rusty hulk, then gets his backside very sorely handed to him on the track or strip etc. The laugh is then on him.

Now, if you sand down the bonnet of your 1.0 polo, then paint some chequers on the roof and a load of stickers on the boot, not only will it look sh!t, but it will also be about as fast as a fat man chasing a mobile salad bar. The aforementioned M3/Evo/Impreza/whatever owner will laugh at you and you won't be able to pwn him back. Fail.

Now imagine that same 1.0 polo, polished to hell, all back to blacked, a few OEM+ touches maybe.... Sure, its still slow but I daresay most of the M3/Evo/Impreza/whatever owners would respect the guy for having a damned clean car.

Spudly
24-04-10, 08:14 PM
Shat look lol

I shouldve trademarked that one lol

muzzy
24-04-10, 08:15 PM
The only "rat look" cars I like are the Yank tanks that have a proper tuned up engine and the exterior ignored and left as it was when they found it. They do not add stickers to them or kegs on the roof!

dj_wudgey
24-04-10, 10:37 PM
^^ and i still dont even like them lol

Southie
24-04-10, 10:44 PM
Rat look to me is a car that's looking decrepid/neglected but mechanically and structually sound, not matt paint and stickers to get attention but something that is a "wolf in sheeps clothing" that surprises people when you put your toe down.

CP
25-04-10, 06:12 PM
Its not even proper rat. Proper rat is where you take a car thats been in a field used as a hen house for ten years, and renew all the mechanicals leaving the body looking...... like a hen house.!

Hmmm sounds just like Jims carlol

Nobby
25-04-10, 06:17 PM
tats and henleys mmmm sounds like me but im a nice person lol

me 2!! lol :thumb:

Sloth
25-04-10, 07:42 PM
it was the big bang show. and the dubs that go are the type that spent 30 years as an outside bog, then had the mechanicals done.

Stuart
25-04-10, 07:47 PM
took your time to come suck ratlook cock

Ernie
25-04-10, 07:47 PM
I shouldve trademarked that one lol

I said it to you lol

Ernie
25-04-10, 07:51 PM
Propper rat.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/RTTS%2008/RTTS08034.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/RTTS%2009/RTTS09067.jpg
But i would much sooner have one of these hummmmm.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/RTTS%2009/RTTS09113.jpg

dj_wudgey
25-04-10, 07:58 PM
rat look is gay why bother imo!!

Sloth
25-04-10, 07:59 PM
just cos im not sucking your cock, bitchlol;):p

dj_wudgey
25-04-10, 08:56 PM
i like karman ghia's there nice!! wouldnt have one though!

Angus Closier
25-04-10, 09:50 PM

REP!!

Hmmm not my thing! Got in trouble last time i "slagged" it off....:thumb:

dj_wudgey
25-04-10, 10:10 PM
^^ sod it mate rat look is total w*nk express your views lol

floydy13
25-04-10, 10:25 PM
vermin look is bildge personally!!

dj_wudgey