PDA

View Full Version : Best way to....

Pete
24-04-10, 01:50 PM
Remove the sticker things that run down the side of the car?
i was thinking using a heat gun and then a fudge wheel but will the heat gun not ruin my paint work?

Nobby
24-04-10, 01:52 PM
not if you dont get it to close mate thats the best way to be honest its a long had and **** job lol

Pete
24-04-10, 01:59 PM
i dont mind if it takes a while just for the pure fact i hate it lol
but how far away do you reckon i should have it? my heat gun is a draper 300-600 degrees C.
and should i use any paticular head on the heat gun? ive got one for removing paint off walls which is a flatish one, and one for joining pipes together...

Nobby
24-04-10, 02:20 PM
i dont mind if it takes a while just for the pure fact i hate it lol
but how far away do you reckon i should have it? my heat gun is a draper 300-600 degrees C.
and should i use any paticular head on the heat gun? ive got one for removing paint off walls which is a flatish one, and one for joining pipes together...

fork knows mate what head lol just keep it about 10 inches from the car and keep moving it side to side so it gets more than just one spot you will know when you are to close lol

Pete
24-04-10, 02:21 PM
fork knows mate what head lol just keep it about 10 inches from the car and keep moving it side to side so it gets more than just one spot you will know when you are to close lol

will give it a go in a bit then and let you know how it goes :) hopefuly once its heated it should peel off and then get the fudge wheel on it :)

ty nobbyz :thumb:

MK999
24-04-10, 02:22 PM
Toffee wheel ftw, no heat not much mess, and the little beads of rubber just brush off, should leave your paintwork smooth although I'd treat it to a polish/wax as the toffee wheel no doubt takes it off and under the stickers will be untreated anyway

Pete
24-04-10, 02:23 PM
Toffee wheel ftw, no heat not much mess, and the little beads of rubber just brush off, should leave your paintwork smooth although I'd treat it to a polish/wax as the toffee wheel no doubt takes it off and under the stickers will be untreated anyway
thort it was fudge wheel? or is a toffee wheel diffrent... any how. ill go give it a go in a sec and see the result in a few hours :)

+Rep to both btw :)

MK999
24-04-10, 02:26 PM
toffee/fudge/caramel/eraser/rubber all the same, and you get the same blank look off of halfords employees when you ask for any of them! lol

Pete
24-04-10, 03:17 PM
toffee/fudge/caramel/eraser/rubber all the same, and you get the same blank look off of halfords employees when you ask for any of them! lol
lmaoo lol

anyway got it all off, took 5 mins with the heat gun at 600oC to get it all off. just need to get the (toffee/fudge/caramel/eraser/rubber) on it and then polish.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6406/dscn4021.jpg

Ignore the ****ty filler at the bottom, a friend of mine did it. needs sorting "/

novalicous
24-04-10, 06:29 PM
your lucky when i took 1 of mine of it took sodding ages and left loads of glue behind lol

Jon_nova1
24-04-10, 06:50 PM
hairdryer then paint thinner, assuming you don't have water based paint!

dj_wudgey
24-04-10, 07:46 PM
id say go for toffee wheel aswell we did my mates 106 abit back with our thumbs lol was horrid and took hours!!

Pete
24-04-10, 09:40 PM
i got it all off with the heat gun, i got a little bit of glue left behind the size of a 50p coin which i just rubbed off and its all clean now... just makes the rest of my car look dirty...

dj_wudgey
24-04-10, 10:33 PM
lol glad you got it done matey!!