PDA

View Full Version : Twin 40's Fitting Help?

SRimon
23-04-10, 11:33 PM
Few things chaps...tried a search to not much avail.

Fitted the alt lowering bracket, what do people use to bring the tensioning bracket out?

Fuel return? I obviously had a return pipe on my standard carb, on my Weber's there appears to be no fuel return? Is this right?

As said in my project thread, i'm going to be buying a new Weber linkage kit as the cheapy twin cable job appears incomplete.:(

Rob
24-04-10, 08:02 AM
look at my wip http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119733&page=5

and as for the fuel return i,m not useing mine

mk1nova_rich
24-04-10, 09:11 AM
there is a longer tensioner arm which came with the Sport lowering brackets, but they are like hens teeth to find. Best bet is to try make your own or have a machine shop knock sumat up. Or trawl around scrapyards and see what is on other Vauxhalls

Adam
24-04-10, 09:47 AM
Get 2 tensioners, cut them in half and weld the end of one onto the other to make it longer, if you get me.

I think the one off a Sport comes off a 2.0 8v or something like that.

What fuel pump are you running? The standard one? If so put a return in, on a sport it was a restricted t-piece though.

Shaun
24-04-10, 09:48 AM
I belive kallis used something from an astra mk4 for the alt bracket mate

Will try speak to him tonight or tomorow as he is hopefully helping me finish the wiring

Rob
24-04-10, 02:50 PM
Get 2 tensioners, cut them in half and weld the end of one onto the other to make it longer, if you get me.

What fuel pump are you running? The standard one? If so put a return in, on a sport it was a restricted t-piece though.

i got told to use an 2.0 8v one aswell but i made mine using a bracket off the engine, ill get you a pic

novacabrio
24-04-10, 07:10 PM
Cavalier tensioner, and run a T piece in the pipe for a return but put a carb jet in the pipe to make the flow less

craig green
24-04-10, 07:18 PM
I was going to say 'T' it into the feed line also.

Leeboo
24-04-10, 07:30 PM
A solution for the fuel return could be the little black swirl pot that came in old 1300/1600 carb astras/cavs. It bolted onto the side of the carb on the fuel pump side.

The nova SR pierburg carb has a return outlet off the carb, but the old astras etc returned the petrol before it even got to the carb if that makes sense. I've got a pic of that setup from my 1600sv engine somwhere I think but not got time right now

SRimon
24-04-10, 08:52 PM

I'll have to get a pic, but it appears to need to go out further? By about 10mm towards the chassis leg?!

Running standard pump at the mo. May get a silver facet for the bay along with an FPR too in time. Just want it running first.

I'll get my mate to machine up what I need I think!