PDA

View Full Version : My old Renault 5 Turbo for sale

Lee H
23-04-10, 10:32 PM
No idea what the chances of this are but was just browsing Pistonheads and found the car I most regret selling out of all my cars. I sold it over 5 years ago and didn't expect it to still be around.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1569425.htm

Looks exactly as I sold it apart from the wheels. I only got £2k for it (thought i'd sold it too cheap at the time). Shows how the prices of retro cars are going up a bit now I suppose.

Bit pricey for me to be tempted by a comeback. Rang the seller though and he's offered to take me out for a spin in it for old times sake. Might be a bad idea though as i'll probably want it back lol

Connor
23-04-10, 10:34 PM
I'd love to see my car still going in 5 years
although its not looking good atm :d

bazil
23-04-10, 10:36 PM
did you sell it to the guy that has it now? if so thats a bit random lol

Ben
23-04-10, 10:36 PM
Thats lovely! needs some proper number plates though lol

MK999
23-04-10, 10:37 PM
I'd love to see my car still going in 5 years
although its not looking good atm :d

if my red shell lasts 5 weeks I'll be happy, it's days are numbered though as my dad wants the drive back lol

Lee H
23-04-10, 10:38 PM
did you sell it to the guy that has it now? if so thats a bit random lol

No, the guy who bought it off me sold it to this guy for £3500 a month after buying it off me :cry:

Spudly
Wow thats a true slice of the 90's that bud and looks bloody stunning, go get it, its got to be an investment now being as clean as that:thumb:

Lee H
Thats lovely! needs some proper number plates though lol

Had totally standard plates on when I owned it. Hate chavvy plates.

Connor
if my red shell lasts 5 weeks I'll be happy, it's days are numbered though as my dad wants the drive back lol

How much :d

bazil
No, the guy who bought it off me sold it to this guy for £3500 a month after buying it off me :cry:

ouch, ive got to say lee i much prefer you nova:thumb:

Ben
23-04-10, 10:40 PM
Had totally standard plates on when I owned it. Hate chavvy plates.

You need to seriously do some sums, have read on here before you moaning about selling it. You might not ever get another chance to get it back.

Lee H
Wow thats a true slice of the 90's that bud and looks bloody stunning, go get it, its got to be an investment now being as clean as that:thumb:

He seems to use it as much as I use the Nova turbo so no wonder its clean lol

Spudly
Get yourself another lock-up and go do it, i double dare you lol

Lee H
23-04-10, 10:41 PM
ouch, ive got to say lee i much prefer you nova:thumb:

Thats why I sold it. Had to sell the Renault or the Nova and get a sensible daily (ended up with an XE Nova daily :roll: )

krobinson
23-04-10, 10:44 PM
Was it immaculate when you sold it? (as the owners now describing it?)

MK999
23-04-10, 10:45 PM
Thats why I sold it. Had to sell the Renault or the Nova and get a sensible daily (ended up with an XE Nova daily :roll: )

That's my kind of sensible daily, just chopped in a nice comfy 'reliable' pug 306 for a derv nova lol Although that's still semi sensible MPG wise :p

Lee H
23-04-10, 10:47 PM
Was it immaculate when you sold it? (as the owners now describing it?)

Yes, mileage is genuine. Brought the car over from Jersey (was my dads car on two seperate occasions). It has had more owners than that though, just the Jersey ones get wiped off when it's registered in uk.

Nebbz
23-04-10, 10:48 PM
im still waiting for mine to come up!

if any one sees this celica for sale, ide acutally sell my mac and everything i own to get her back

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/nebbz/beanbeinga****.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/nebbz/IMAGE_060.jpg

:'( :cry: miss her so much

Lee H
23-04-10, 10:49 PM
You need to seriously do some sums, have read on here before you moaning about selling it. You might not ever get another chance to get it back.

I have the money aside for a new car but need a new daily that can do 15k a year so think the decision is going to be semi sensible for once and I'll get a Civic Type R.

wwmnw
23-04-10, 11:11 PM
What are these like to drive everyday (compare to a Nova) and what engine do they have again? 1.4 Turbo?

Lee H
23-04-10, 11:13 PM
They drink fuel like its going out of fashion with it being a carbed engine. 1.4 turbo. This one was running about 180bhp when I had it. (Strange advert when he hasn't mentioned the engine spec which is the best bit)

Awesome fun though, handle better than a Nova.

Spudly
23-04-10, 11:14 PM
what engine do they have again? 1.4 Turbo?

1400 8v carbed turbo (pushrod) engine, very old skool technology but capable of a hell of a lot of power, even by todays standards:cool::thumb:

wwmnw
23-04-10, 11:20 PM
Anything handles better than a Nova lol I do like them and always have, rumour has it they eat head gaskets like I eat pies.

Lee H
23-04-10, 11:22 PM
Anything handles better than a Nova lol I do like them and always have, rumour has it they eat head gaskets like I eat pies.

Thats a load of bull caused by people fitting bleed valves and winding the boost up without giving it any more fuel. No headgasket could take that. Mine was fine at double the standard boost with a standard headgasket and fuel adjusted to suit.

muzzy
23-04-10, 11:26 PM
An R5 Turbo is on my list of cars I have to own. Been so close to buying one on a few occasions. That is a beauty.

wwmnw
23-04-10, 11:32 PM
Thats a load of bull caused by people fitting bleed valves and winding the boost up without giving it any more fuel. No headgasket could take that. Mine was fine at double the standard boost with a standard headgasket and fuel adjusted to suit.

Fair enough, if I ever get one I'll bring it to you for tuning lol

Rick Draper
24-04-10, 12:03 AM
Your nova makes a renault 5 turbo look positively reliable!

Without doubt the worst decision you have ever made selling that 5.

Lee H
24-04-10, 12:14 AM
Your nova makes a renault 5 turbo look positively reliable!

Without doubt the worst decision you have ever made selling that 5.

Debatable, building a Nova turbo comes close to being my worst decision :cry:

Rick Draper
24-04-10, 02:34 AM
Debatable, building a Nova turbo comes close to being my worst decision :cry:

Building it and never using it is your worst ever decision lol lol.

Southie
24-04-10, 07:18 AM
I prefer R5 turbos to nova's but in your case I'd rather have your nova.

I think you should use the nova as a daily and run it into the ground lol

Graeme
24-04-10, 07:45 AM
I'm glad you sold the right car, push rod time bombs are not the future

dj_wudgey
24-04-10, 09:01 AM
its lovely that mate go buy it back!! ive allways had a soft spot for 5 turbo's

Adam
24-04-10, 10:06 AM
The engines in them are fooking to55 tbh lol lol Designed in like 1970
But thy seem to work, and work fooking well when they are working.

Does look a mint example! But for a daily driver... Hmm
Definently a car that i would own though, a mate of mine had a Raider i think it was, and it went like f**k for a 1400!!!!!

dj_wudgey
24-04-10, 10:15 AM
as above id have one i allways wanted a sr nova and a 5 turbo!! my mate's got a red one he's been rebuilding it for a few years now the body is mint and it was fast as f*ck i nearly bought it a few time's and still may do when he's actually finished rebuilding the engine only problem is hes doing a few cars at once so barely works on it!!

Shaun
24-04-10, 10:18 AM
my mate is currently rebuilding his one. lovely motors if clean like that is!

he was running 30psi in his lol

mad fecker!

dj_wudgey
24-04-10, 10:20 AM
the bb tuning 5 is at 53 psi if im rightly so!! well it was when it was in max pooer

craig green
24-04-10, 07:59 PM
£4500!!!!!

I wouldnt pay that for it. Nice though Lee. I used to hate them with a passion, but like them now due to the rarity & most pricks that drove them are now in other things.

craig green
24-04-10, 08:00 PM
the bb tuning 5 is at 53 psi if im rightly so!! well it was when it was in max pooer

You can halve that down to realistic figures!! LOL Can you imagine how much heat must be produced by a blower making 50odd psi. Its hardly twice as fast as 25psi, which isnt shy either.

Spudly
24-04-10, 08:02 PM

Lmfao, maybe in the tyres mate but not in the turbo lol

craig green
24-04-10, 08:02 PM
A frind of mines ex-money pit. (ahem I mean 5)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/HOT%20METAL/raider1.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/HOT%20METAL/raider3.jpg

dj_wudgey
24-04-10, 08:03 PM
You can halve that down to realistic figures!! LOL Can you imagine how much heat must be produced by a blower making 50odd psi. Its hardly twice as fast as 25psi, which isnt shy either.

i know mate will have more than likly gone bang a few times but that and jamie shaws stupid kitted thing were supost to be at 53 psi mental that if it was!! i remeber as ive allways loved bb's blue 5 lol ive still got the max pooer mags with the featurs in!!

muzzy
24-04-10, 08:03 PM
^^^ I like that, very clean and simple.

Jack
24-04-10, 08:13 PM
Not my favourite car by a long shot - square design, boxy arches, small euro box... oh wait lol

Still, that does look a very tidy example though.

dj_wudgey
24-04-10, 10:38 PM
i think there nice me not as nice looking as nova's but nice!!

dj_wudgey
24-04-10, 10:39 PM
Lmfao, maybe in the tyres mate but not in the turbo lol

ill scan the max pooer features when i get back after touring car tomorow matey thats what the bb guy said!! im just going by what the guy says it will do!! the features are a few years back now like lol

ben doodar
25-04-10, 12:49 PM
ive allways liked these thats very nice n clean, alot of money for the car though imo.

Bubba
25-04-10, 12:56 PM
This is an owners club standard car

FLOL

itsa minter though

dj_wudgey
25-04-10, 09:02 PM
ive allways liked these thats very nice n clean, alot of money for the car though imo.

its allot off money but as everything these days there getting rare so there getting expensive!!