PDA

View Full Version : Ecotec valve?

blingmachine
24-04-03, 10:33 PM
anybody got one, do they actuly save u money on petrol and improve performance?

mikeoxford
24-04-03, 11:10 PM
do exactly what they say on the tin

only really work on 1.6 injection models the manufacturer has told me, spose there untested on other models but people report good things about them even with other engines.

they dont give improve performance, they just help response and things like that

it dont add BHP!

BC
24-04-03, 11:10 PM
My mate has one. it does what it says
my mate saves a bit on petrol but you also get a bit more power with it.

however as you have a bit more power he said your more likely to go racin with it and with the extra revs you lose your petrol again...............

mikeoxford
24-04-03, 11:15 PM
My mate has one. it does what it says
my mate saves a bit on petrol but you also get a bit more power with it.

however as you have a bit more power he said your more likely to go racin with it and with the extra revs you lose your petrol again...............

power!?!?

:lol: :roll: :wink:

its in his head

LOL

there probably is something there, but surely nothing worth shouting home about?

ask stugsi - or PM him, he has one, he does reccomend them

Dave
25-04-03, 11:20 AM
me mate has one on his bmw 325 an is real happy with it an would recommend it to anyone, saves him loads of cash an feels alot more responsive when he floors it
go get one

Dicko
25-04-03, 11:24 AM
it cleared a big flatspot i had on my gte block so im guesing it might improve performace to a certain degree. i know if your mixture isnt set spot on it might fix this as it leans the mixture out aswell

dh dev
25-04-03, 11:33 AM
my mates got one on his golf gti and it does seem to make a difference yo economy, nothing amazing but every little helps. sounds cool when you back off as well a kind of mechanical whine/whoosh

Aragorn
25-04-03, 11:42 AM
all it does is leans out the mixture slightly and adds some "swirl" effect

if it cleared a flat spot - u prolly find it was just overfuelling slightly

bad_boy_nova
25-04-03, 11:56 AM
Im not jokin, them ecotek valves are fuckin shite!!! I had one on my old car (F reg nova 1.3SR), it improved fuel consumption slightly, not noticable! It made it a bit smoother and a bit more responsive, but i think that might of been physcological! The sound of it was discusting! It sounded like someone doing a dirty sweaty fart every time i let off the revs! Biggest waste of ?74.99 ever! I got it with the pipercross silencer, which didnt silence it at all!

Dicko
25-04-03, 01:58 PM
lol ye i must admit u can hear it if ya cars not movinmg and u rev a litle like a buzzing noise, but i have no silencer, cant here it on me m8s corsa at all.

aragorn it does alot more than to just lean the mixture, look at the emmisons difference and ul see what i mean, its like cleanburn .

i think there worth it :)

elsey197
25-04-03, 01:59 PM
ive got one on my gte and on long distances you notice the petrol, but you gotta keep retuning it every so often.
seemed to pull better to when i first took it out for a drive after fitting it but that may have been in my head. In the instruction manual i think it says it gives you about 1bhp :wink:

mikeoxford
25-04-03, 11:44 PM
lol ye i must admit u can hear it if ya cars not movinmg and u rev a litle like a buzzing noise, but i have no silencer, cant here it on me m8s corsa at all.

dont forget some novas have sound deadening in between dash and bulkhead, actually on the bulkhead, and also on the bonnet.......... and some dont