PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for a nova

chris_gsi23
23-04-10, 11:48 AM
Tragically my best mate died 2 days ago whilst on holiday in Thailand. Yrs bk we turned his 1.2 nova spin/swing n built it into a 2.0 16v nova gsi rep.. I am on a mission to find this if possible. The reg was K941 HWT. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated..

dj_wudgey
23-04-10, 11:51 AM
sorry to hear it matey!! some one may be able to check the dvla!!

Shaun
23-04-10, 11:53 AM
Its not on insurance database mate

napalm_27
23-04-10, 11:55 AM
Date of Liability 01 12 2010

Date of First Registration 19 02 1993

Year of Manufacture 1993

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1195CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status SORN Not Due

Vehicle Colour RED

Vehicle Type Approval

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £68.75

12 Months Rate £125.00

Jack
23-04-10, 12:39 PM
Someone put a 1.2i back into it?!

Sloth
23-04-10, 01:51 PM
www.undeclaredconversioninmynovamakesmegay.com/insurancefraud/yomumma (http://www.undeclaredconversioninmynovamakesmegay.com/insurancefraud/yomumma) lol

NovaLad
23-04-10, 01:55 PM
www.undeclaredconversioninmynovamakesmegay.com/insurancefraud/yomumma (http://www.undeclaredconversioninmynovamakesmegay.com/insurancefraud/yomumma) lol

A bit out of order really seeing as though his mate has died and you're taking the p1ss!

BELL - END!

Shaun
23-04-10, 01:57 PM

doesnt mean to say it wasnt insured properly.

My old corsa c20let was a 1.6 on logbook(didnt get round to changing it)

but was insured with all mods etc

Sloth
23-04-10, 02:00 PM
/\ which makes the insurance invalid. :@

novalad, i dont see insurnace fraud as tak8ing the piss. i take it very seriously.

NovaLad
23-04-10, 02:02 PM
/\ which makes the insurance invalid. :@

novalad, i dont see insurnace fraud as tak8ing the piss. i take it very seriously.
Yeah who doesn't but it's besides the point when you're directly taking the p1ss out of someone who's mate has died and he wants to try and find his friends old Nova.

It's not like he came on and it's his nova with a 2.0 in but 1.2 on logbook it mite just be a misunderstanding.

Shaun
23-04-10, 02:05 PM
how does that make my insurance invalid sloth?

it was insured as a c20let?

blue_peg_16v
23-04-10, 02:08 PM
because your tax is invalid so legaly the car shouldnt be on the road

Angus Closier
23-04-10, 02:09 PM

Dont worry, sloth has never finished/produced a modified car so this wouldnt apply to him!

Sorry to hear about your mate im sure we can have a look for mates nova? do you know where abouts in the country it was sold to? then we can ask in the regional forum?:thumb:

Shaun
23-04-10, 02:09 PM
1.6 is same price as a 2.0 though lol

blue_peg_16v
23-04-10, 02:11 PM
yup but still incorect needs declairing to be legal

Sloth
23-04-10, 02:11 PM
Yrs bk we turned his 1.2 nova spin/swing n built it into a 2.0 16v nova gsi rep..

novalad, he posted this himself, if he did build/help build it he should have declared it. no argument.

how does that make my insurance invalid sloth?

it was insured as a c20let?

simple, your v5 must match the info on your insurance docs. when you tax it, it goes down as a 1.6 for the tax, which is also tax fraud.

Sloth
23-04-10, 02:13 PM
[quote=nova16vxe] Dont worry, sloth has never finished/produced a modified car so this wouldnt apply to him![quote]

go get felt you fool, you know nothing about me, so shut it.:mad: :thumb:

NovaLad
23-04-10, 02:15 PM
I'm not saying he has or hasn't done something wrong what i'm trying to say is cut him some slack.
He doesn't nor did own the car... His friend who has very recently past away did.
Chill out and give the lad a break.

Shaun
23-04-10, 02:16 PM
fair enough. I wasnt saving any money by keeping it 1.6 though. they got there moneys worth out of me aswel, taxed for 6 months, only had it on road 3 weeks then stripped it again to get a nova lol

Sloth
23-04-10, 02:19 PM
I'm not saying he has or hasn't done something wrong what i'm trying to say is cut him some slack.
He doesn't nor did own the car... His friend who has very recently past away did.
Chill out and give the lad a break.

ok, fine, i'm done. but if he gets this car back, tax's and insures it as a 1.2, then crashes into you, and it all goes south, dont come crying.
bereavement/loss of job/house/wife/money etc doesnt cut it in court. nor in the real world. i do have compassion, but stuff like this isnt a joke.

Angus Closier
23-04-10, 02:19 PM
[quote=nova16vxe] Dont worry, sloth has never finished/produced a modified car so this wouldnt apply to him![quote]

go get felt you fool, you know nothing about me, so shut it.:mad: :thumb:

Well i know as much as i read sloth......and all i can see here is you trying to prove people wrong! I know the law as much as you do im not a cock! However his best mate has just died! stop being an insensitive C*nt and get off your high horse! If this had happend to you we would have had a f*cking life story! Give him a break it wasnt even his car:thumb:

NovaLad
23-04-10, 02:20 PM
ok, fine, i'm done. but if he gets this car back, tax's and insures it as a 1.2, then crashes into you, and it all goes south, dont come crying.
bereavement/loss of job/house/wife/money etc doesnt cut it in court. nor in the real world. i do have compassion, but stuff like this isnt a joke.
Agreed.

Sloth
23-04-10, 02:23 PM
[quote=Sloth][quote=nova16vxe] Dont worry, sloth has never finished/produced a modified car so this wouldnt apply to him!

Well i know as much as i read sloth......and all i can see here is you trying to prove people wrong! I know the law as much as you do im not a cock! However his best mate has just died! stop being an insensitive C*nt and get off your high horse! If this had happend to you we would have had a f*cking life story! Give him a break it wasnt even his car:thumb:

i'm not on my high horse, ive seen both sides of this argument first hand. and i wouldnt post illegal stuff on an open forum. and if you know as much as you read, put the funking pictue book down....:thumb:

Shaun
23-04-10, 02:23 PM
Agreed.

+1

plus the fact you will have spent a few k on the car usually. no point losing all that for the sake of few quid on insurance

Shaun
23-04-10, 02:26 PM
[quote=nova16vxe][quote=Sloth]

put the funking pictue book down....:thumb:

your comment then reminded me of this actually and i Lol'd

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/shared-blogs/dayton/seen_and_overheard/upload/2009/03/google_love_for_the_very_hungr/the%20very%20hungry%20caterpillar%20book.jpg

puss puss
23-04-10, 02:27 PM

piss off

saying this about his friend when he has just lost him as if it matters anymore he is dead.

even so someone might of dropped a 1.2 back into it for what ever reason.

I cant belive you just said that.

:mad:

Angus Closier
23-04-10, 02:27 PM
[quote=nova16vxe][quote=Sloth]

i'm not on my high horse, ive seen both sides of this argument first hand. and i wouldnt post illegal stuff on an open forum. and if you know as much as you read, put the funking pictue book down....:thumb:

Yeh who hasnt? we all have sloth but IT WASNT HIS CAR! He cant make the guy change it? Its nothing to do with him untill he crashes into him? I can see what your saying and i Wouldnt ever go in a car let alone drive one that doesnt have the correct insurance!

However after his mate died he didnt come on png to get a life story from people who have nothing better to do! He asked a simple question to which he got a battering for! You really dont have to be so harsh to people! He simply wants the car! If he then went and insured it as a 1.2 and drove it then have ago at him! not now! he has done NOTHING WRONG

Angus Closier
23-04-10, 02:29 PM
and if you know as much as you read, put the funking pictue book down....:thumb:

O BTW i can put it down it make me laugh so much as to how much bull**** is in it!

burgo
23-04-10, 02:32 PM
grow up you bunch of bitching little girls. if anyone has any info about the car the OP enquired about then please PM them