PDA

View Full Version : how do you fit a gsi spoiler

shanehandley
24-04-03, 10:22 PM
just got me self a gsi spoiler,

how do you fit them i aint got clue.

i havent had any kind of spoiler on so there no holes or anythig!

any help or godes would be great thanks

shane

mikeoxford
24-04-03, 11:47 PM
www.nova-land.com

novax
26-04-03, 08:01 PM
2 choices really, either you'll have to buy a GTE/GSi tailgate or take a drill to it very carefully and fit it that way. I did mine, just get the angle right for coming out the other side...

mikeoxford
27-04-03, 01:00 AM
as long as u seal it aftweards it can help if you drill the exterior hole slightly bigger than required (does no harm) AS LONG AS you seal it

ade
27-04-03, 02:08 AM
also remember the angle of the bolts is about 30' from level
the hatch is also at an angle

You need to go through 2 layers of the hatch (outer amnd inner). get a m8 to help you - you hold it - he marke it up. Remember to keep it level.

It depends on the angle of the screws but the screws should come out somewhere in the middle of the raised edge just below the rubber seal.

To get mine to fit, I had to use a drill bit that grinds the hole bigger!

I also recommend removing the hatch so you can see where you are drilling and dont drill other bits of the car (like into the rubber seal or roof edge!)

Bit fiddly refitting (wires etc) but not too hard (use a wire hanger to rethread the wiper wires and squirty hose.)

Also - make sure you seal the holes both sides using grey stripe or mastik - somt use silicone sealer - it perishes in the cold

Or spend ?40 and let a bodyshop fit it for ya

Ade

I had no template and

mikeoxford
27-04-03, 05:02 PM
I had no template and

and..........? :lol:

ade
27-04-03, 06:38 PM
lol - started typing it then back tracked - thought I'd deleted it

and...it was fecking hard!

:D