PDA

View Full Version : My nova 1.2 Project

lukestavrinidis2008
22-04-10, 05:48 PM
I recently picked up my tenth nova, i want to try and keep this one as i tend to get offered good money for them, sell them then regret it :(

I found the car on PNG for sale and had to go buy it that night

Got the car off shaun4321, theres a project thread on his profile and add from when i got the car, im new to this so not sure how to add pictures just yet :d (hope dont mind shaun)

The car was striped out completly other than front seats, carpet and dash, i was unsure about this and maneged to pick up an old sr (i think) burbury style interior on ebay for £21 localy, it come with all door cards, parcel shelf etc. Then before i had the chance to fit it and after driving it around the striped out interior grew on me, i then maneged to get some half white/half black dials (thanks kent14sr), so that was the interior sorted (already had gsi black dash) Then decided to fit a decent alarm cant belive it didnt have one :eek: Then i decided i want a sound system, so i used some old bmw speaker pods and mounted 6x9s under the seats facing out front ways, ran the wire under the carpet and left slack so seats move on runners perfect still, and i no this next bit mite sound silly but i like having a sub (not stupidly loud) but i didnt no wat to do with it. So need some help here please. at the monent ive put it behind seats (where back seats normally sit) bolted it down and thrown a bit of carpet in as the black sub box look a bit silly when the rest was bright white, i like the sub where its but wanna lose the carpet and just go back to the metal, any one got any ideas?? maybe paint box white?? or just leave it as it is for everyday use and rip it out for shows etc.

Apart from this all ive done is a back box (thanks to Steve)

Now next thing to decide on as working now is what to send a couple of hundred on this month, small budget i know but cant afford much more at the moment.

Im looking at plastic windows, what do people think on these for every day use??

And the big one is the engine, want to keep to a small block tho, something easy, is gte/gsi the best for me??

And what the best under car treatment (on a budget i would love to spin it over strip it down and paint it) but i cant :( is underseal any good??

This is my first post hope its not to boring and hope people can help, will try and get pictures up soon