PDA

View Full Version : well its not the fuel pump

Nebbz
21-04-10, 01:28 PM
That works okay......

could it be the fuel filter thats causing me hassle? the car is cutting out quicker than it did before as soon as it warms up it just cuts out, only missfires when im driving.....

my HT leads are spent though so currently got the car running on 3!

Asa-James
21-04-10, 01:34 PM
Running on 3 won't help, and without knowing what engine it is it's hard to pinpoint it. If it's cutting out and missing when driving, have you checked the spark plugs?

Nebbz
21-04-10, 01:42 PM
HA SORRY

tis a 1.2 merit :) sparks will be coming out as soon as i can get the tools....i only have screw drivers and stuff here. so need a mate to pop round l8r after work :P

Nebbz
21-04-10, 01:47 PM
might have mucked up explination,

bacically about 3 weeks ago the car cut out big time on the motoway, popping and banging, left it for 10 mins, then it worked fine, and i managed to drive to my sisters, and drive home no problem. I used it just for random run abouts, but then cut out in a petrol station (thank god didnt need to push it any where)
Then it cut out about a week ago and not gone anywere since as is getting progressivly worse.

Just die's the coughing and splutting im putting down to the HT lead that fell appart in my hand o_0 (new set tonight also)

getting annoyed now as have no car! lol

AlexW
21-04-10, 03:47 PM
Checked the cambelt?

Cooltigers cambelt spun a few times.

Nebbz
21-04-10, 05:02 PM
dont think its that, it is a possibility so im not refusing the idea :P does need it looked at. but cheeper problems please HAHA!

the car doesnt always restart straight away when its konked out, some times takes up to 30mins to fire back up!

AlexW
21-04-10, 05:17 PM
Cambelt is only £40ish with the water pump presuming its a standard 8v.

If you cant afford that, you cant afford your car ;)

Nebbz
21-04-10, 05:38 PM
Cambelt is only £40ish with the water pump presuming its a standard 8v.

If you cant afford that, you cant afford your car ;)

couldnt say it any better than that lol cause i cant.....not working and social have ****ed up sooooo pretty much limited to tattoo designs.....which doesnt make hudge money unless some ones wanting a sleeve or something lol

kinda annoying when you've been doing the crap the job centre want you to do and owe you £300 :mad:

mowgli
21-04-10, 09:35 PM
ok, my guess, headgasket, went, blew the water out, getting hotspotting on the head causing it to cut out after it gets warm.........

or the coil is breaking down

Jack
21-04-10, 11:54 PM
Might also be worth checking the condition of the battery and earths etc, but mowgli's points sound more likely.

Nebbz
22-04-10, 05:03 PM
ok, my guess, headgasket, went, blew the water out, getting hotspotting on the head causing it to cut out after it gets warm.........

or the coil is breaking down

Been checking the oil regularly, doesnt smell off, or look like mayo :S or wouldnt that show yet? Got me worried now lol!

me thinks book in and let a profetional look at it lol

worried about norman now! :wtf:

mowgli
22-04-10, 05:12 PM
is the temp gauge reading correctly??

if yes, then its more likely the coil..

Steve0011
22-04-10, 08:42 PM
sound like this could be hard one to track :( first thing i would do is a good service, sounds like it needs one :eek: 'the spark plug lead just fell apart in my hands' :wtf:

start here

1. new set of plugs
2. new set of leads
3. new dizzy and rotor arm
4. oil change with filter
5. fuel filter
6. air filter

the above are not going to cost an arm and a leg and are things that should be changed on a regular basis (some more than others)

once you have done this THEN start thinking of head gasket, coil, etc etc

for god sake man, give your car a service! and start from there.

steve

Nebbz
28-04-10, 12:10 AM
Ht leads are done, Hopefully tomorrow the dizzy :)

The temp gauge works fine, it does get pretty hot though for a warm up imo

Got a mate comeing round 2morrow also :P hopefully get it fixed, b4 i go makeing the thing look worse with a sharpie haha