PDA

View Full Version : Astra GTE mk2 Spoiler

mikeoxford
24-04-03, 06:17 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_view.php?id=735

i think the bonnet vents, grille spoiler, and wheels make the car look agressive enough now to warrant the staying of the spoiler...... what u reckon?

Ben (lurk75)
24-04-03, 06:40 PM
Keep it, be different and fcuk everyone else!

Aragorn
24-04-03, 07:26 PM
ok when i first saw it - it was driving behind u - and it looked stupid :oops:

when i see it from the side with the rims tho - it looks cool

so what u wanna do:

is chop a few inches out the center and fix it back together again

so it finishs at the edge of the car

then it wont look silly from the rear with the overhang - but you'll still keep the aggressive look u have on your side profile :twisted:

Ben (lurk75)
24-04-03, 07:28 PM
good advice, sounds very good.

Jim
24-04-03, 08:08 PM
Ok, I voted for it to go, but that was before I read what Aragorn suggested. That sounds like a bloody good idea. The main thing I don't like about it, is the way it over hangs at the side. If you were to get it shorter, it would look loads better.

Jim

privatepie
24-04-03, 11:08 PM
lks wicked keep it, but i would chop it

Chris_W
24-04-03, 11:52 PM
Yup, lose a few inches from the middle and it'll look sweet, it's the overhang that make it look dodgy.

Chris

mikeoxford
25-04-03, 12:10 AM
Yup, lose a few inches from the middle and it'll look sweet, it's the overhang that make it look dodgy.

Chris

:o

i never thought id here YOU of all people say that!!!!!!

:lol:

must be doing something right with your ex car then :oops: :)

?Marty?
25-04-03, 03:42 AM
Keep it. If you want.

Jules
25-04-03, 09:08 AM
Chop a few inches out of the middle and it'll look cool.................
..........hang on, I'm getting deja-vu..........
:lol:

If I can find any pics of my old T40 with the shortened spoiler then I'll post it (Or at least a link to it!!)

Jules
25-04-03, 09:11 AM
http://www.corsaweb.co.uk/html/featured.asp?type=a&curPage=4
Look at the "j_sumner" Nova. Not very good pics and it still looks too wide but trust me it wasn't!!
:roll:

novamark
25-04-03, 09:20 AM
i no its nice to be different but i fink it looks a bit out of place, gsi spoiler, cant go wrong wiv one of them i think. up to u though.

Breeny
25-04-03, 10:30 AM
Get rid of that and the rear light... oh and the neon washer jets :wink:

Could look ok if it was cut down like someone has already suggested.

At the end of the day its your car, if you like it that should be the final decision :)

ade
25-04-03, 11:47 AM
Its growing on me - looked a little odd to start with cos it hangs over the side of the car but its kind of addictive?

Keep it

Or sharpen the ends rather that have them rounded

Benjoyce
25-04-03, 11:51 AM
keep it, but shorten it. its your car tho do what you want to. i think it looks good, different to the axgt spoiler

locky
25-04-03, 05:27 PM
Chop it! chop it! chop it! chop it! chop it! chop it! chop it! chop it! chop it! chop it! chop it! chop it! chop it! chop it! chop it! chop it! chop it! chop it!
It looks tidy, just 2 big 4 the car!

Ben (lurk75)
25-04-03, 05:47 PM
It looks tidy!

lmfao aye boyo

(whos coat is this jacket?)

Tazzy
26-04-03, 01:45 AM
why not just stick on a completely new spoiler?

Nova-Boy
26-04-03, 12:41 PM
I think it looks good. If your gonna get a new one sell me that one! Haven't seen the car in person so dont know what it looks like from the back. If it needs shortening then ask yourself whether it is worh doing that or getting another one??