PDA

View Full Version : Corsa C weird problem help

comptoncj
20-04-10, 11:04 PM
Right my daily has had this odd problem, i thought it was water getting into the fusebox as it only happened when i had just washed it. but now the problem happens all the time, ive cleaned the fuse boxes out and it still does it... Basically if i drive down the road with the lights on i will get about 50 yards then i will lose power and the engine will cut out if i put the hazzards on they dont blink they are just on solid, if i put the indicator on it blinks but when i put my foot on the brake it blinks really fast as if a bulb were out but they're all there. Also it does it when the car is idling with the lights off if i undo the boot the hazzards will stick on and the car will hunt and cough. Could this be an earthing problem somewhere, seems proper weird to me :S

djbrowney
20-04-10, 11:20 PM
they are faulty plugs in the back of your clocks, remove them and put a piece of cardboard or something in with the clips to make the fit in tighter !!!

comptoncj
20-04-10, 11:28 PM
You rekon thats what it is?

AlexW
21-04-10, 03:53 PM
Id agree, Corsa C's have a massive problem with the plug on the back of the clocks, from memory that usualy plays up as what would seem a earth fault.

If that isnt the case, then it is a earth problem.

Mike
21-04-10, 04:27 PM
Id agree, Corsa C's have a massive problem with the plug on the back of the clocks, from memory that usualy plays up as what would seem a earth fault.

If that isnt the case, then it is a earth problem.

Correct. It cuts the immobiliser in.

Failing that, do the pedal test :thumb: flash the fault code by holding clutch & brake pedal flat to the floor (keep them down!), then turn ignition key to position 3 (where the dash lights up) an count how many times the spanner light flashes. If you let off the pedals at any time, it'll stop.

10 flashes = 0
1 flash = 1
2 flash = 2 etc etc

The numbers that the flashes make are a fault code & use google to search what that code/s means.

Itll do a series of 4 flashes, then stop for about 3 seconds, then do it again if theres a second/third/fourth fault code etc etc etc

comptoncj
21-04-10, 07:01 PM
After work today i had a look at it, plugged it in and the trouble code was P0561 voltage unstable, when i started it up i opened the boot and the hazzards came on solid and the engine started to hunt, shut the boot and it was fine and hasnt played up since :S most odd ...