PDA

View Full Version : door locks

paul123
24-04-03, 05:08 PM
hi can you get better door locks then vauxhall novas come with because vauxhall door locks are easy to get into
thanks
:D

mikeoxford
24-04-03, 06:08 PM
solex locks

look like a key you would find on a stoplock or similar

mikeoxford
24-04-03, 06:08 PM
www.smartcar.co.uk

James B
24-04-03, 07:05 PM
could just de-lock it?

spose its a bit expensive compared to simply changing the locks but hey - worth it in the end

ade
24-04-03, 11:52 PM
there are lots of ways to get into a nova regardless of the locks.

I've got into mine by popping the door pins using that packing tape wedged through rubbers, bent coat hanger down window rubber to hook catch release to name but 2

:roll:

mikeoxford
25-04-03, 12:15 AM
there are lots of ways to get into a nova regardless of the locks.

I've got into mine by popping the door pins using that packing tape wedged through rubbers, bent coat hanger down window rubber to hook catch release to name but 2

:roll:

and for the TWOCERS reading this post hes on about your local saxos :D so go pinch tem

novas are the most secure car in the world :lol: :roll:

James B
25-04-03, 12:23 PM
i took my door pins out and instead fitted LED's into the housing of the door pins

mikeoxford
25-04-03, 11:40 PM
i took my door pins out and instead fitted LED's into the housing of the door pins

u just wire them in parallel to your existing alram light?

now heres a qn

does the alarm itself make the light flash, or is the LED a flashing LED?

Alex
25-04-03, 11:43 PM
i was thinking about this problem a little while ago. My alarm makes the LED constant when the alarm has been activated but is not set. When it sets the LED starts to flash. I believe that it is just an electrical pulse that makes it flash, not the actual LED.

ade
26-04-03, 02:41 AM
I thought flashing leds had a built in flasher unit.

:?

TaiTers
26-04-03, 05:03 AM
Someone tried to break into mine last week, they failed. :lol:

The lock still works but has been pushed in (hammer) and totally mashed with a screwdriver. The only problem I had was that until i got it fixed today you could put any key in the driver door about a centimetre and turn slightly and the drivers side wouldnt unlock but the central locking would unlock the passenger door. :x

How weird is that. :o