PDA

View Full Version : private brokers(sp?) would you?

Plug
20-04-10, 09:02 AM
right my mates found a insurance brokers near and he is getting very reasonable prices through him.

Hes 21, 0 yrs NCB. Drink driving, 3 points.

He bought a redtop corsa and is getting a price back of £700. Now that to me seems very reasonable but there has to be something hidden imo lol

and plus or minus's with using a private broker?

skyinsurance
20-04-10, 09:28 AM
Sound suspiciously cheap, the thing to check is which company underwrites the policy and if they know what they are dealing with (eg engine swap).

novacabrio
20-04-10, 09:30 AM
I wouldnt, but if he has it all in writing then why not, at the end of the day if the mods are declared and anything happens then it is still insured and the FSA would screw the broker

MattBrown
20-04-10, 09:53 AM
Ring the insurance "Ombudsman" SP

See what they have to say, they fcked bennets bike insurance over after i got a letter saying my cover was coancelled, 3 weeks previous!

Plug
20-04-10, 10:05 AM
hmm think ill give him a phone get a policy written up declaring everything and also witha 2L :)

would be rude not to enquire :)

Mattman
20-04-10, 10:06 AM
right my mates found a insurance brokers near and he is getting very reasonable prices through him.

Hes 21, 0 yrs NCB. Drink driving, 3 points.

He bought a redtop corsa and is getting a price back of £700. Now that to me seems very reasonable but there has to be something hidden imo lol

and plus or minus's with using a private broker?

I would be very doubtful that everything has been declared to the insurer by the broker. I work with brokers and insurance policies on a daily basis and I can't say I have ever come across a premium that low for a driver based on the details above.

I would want to see the insurer's quote before going ahead with it rather than just the broker's proposal form.

Which broker is it? Swinton, A-Plan?

Plug
20-04-10, 10:18 AM
All i have at the moment is a phone number for a guy in a shop who does it all.

I have seen the quote and it has 1998cc. The corsa is all declared on the v5.

Im going to phone them up this evening if i finish early and get a quote sent out for me

Mattman
20-04-10, 10:37 AM
as Novacabrio said then, if all the details are there then go for it, its a great deal and as long as everything declared to the broker then jobs a good un'.

Plug
20-04-10, 10:42 AM
so if i was to declare everything to the broker he gets me the insurance and everything isnt declared its the brokers fault?

blue_peg_16v
20-04-10, 10:47 AM
yup you have been honest not your fault just make sure there on your docs and your fine

remember years ago before directline there wernt direct insures everything was brokers, performance direct hic etc are all brokers not direct insurers

Plug
20-04-10, 12:14 PM
so going to this guy is no differant that going to a convicted driver ad in the back of a mag.

Jack
20-04-10, 03:47 PM
Going to this guy is no different to going with the likes of... well, pretty much anyone else lol

So long as he's not going to go bust in the next few days/weeks/months etc. But then I gues you'd still be covered as the broker simply acts as a middleman between you and the underwriter...?

Mattman
20-04-10, 03:55 PM
Going to this guy is no different to going with the likes of... well, pretty much anyone else lol

So long as he's not going to go bust in the next few days/weeks/months etc. But then I gues you'd still be covered as the broker simply acts as a middleman between you and the underwriter...?

Yep, if the broker does go bust or if you are not happy with them then you can go to a new broker and ask them to take over your policy/s and they will send a letter of authority signed by you to the insurer and they will change to your new broker :thumb:

peester
20-04-10, 05:03 PM
wheres the 'but i just think im free' option?