PDA

View Full Version : What paint?

steviegsi
19-04-10, 09:53 PM
Basically i removed all the stonechip/ underseal stuff from the two front wheel wells today and stripped behind where the wing bolts to, and up in round the suspension strut tops. Its all sitting in red oxide primer stuff at the minute, but was wondering what way everyone else finished theres? Gonna finish it with black hammerite , but was wondering if i should put some sort of stone chip etc on before the hammerite top coat? :wtf:

Nova_Tek
19-04-10, 09:55 PM
Stonechip or waxoyl coats then top it off with Hammerite paint

dj_wudgey
19-04-10, 10:12 PM
Stonechip or waxoyl coats then top it off with Hammerite paint

Thats what im doing with mine mate!

Nova_Tek
19-04-10, 10:14 PM
I'll be doing the same soon :)

craig green
19-04-10, 10:25 PM
Hammerite FTL tbh. Its sh*t.

steviegsi
19-04-10, 11:10 PM
Cheers everybody! Craig what's wrong with hammerite? Surely if the waxoyl or similar is done properly underneath it doesn't really matter what's on top as it's just for looks?

Also after I've the four corners done I would like to do the same with the floor at some stage ( got 3 weeks off in July so thinking around then) the same process for underneath should be okay wouldn't it?

Iain
19-04-10, 11:29 PM
Hammerite dries a bit too hard and brittle IMO. I've painted the whole underside of mine in it and plan to strip it all off in favour of 'proper' underbody paint/protection.

16v Nova Kev
20-04-10, 12:20 AM
gravitex ftmfw.

Connor
20-04-10, 12:39 AM
^^^ definately going with the gravitex route on my next nova
or next winter if i cba lol

Leeboo
20-04-10, 12:41 AM
If I was you I'd personally go down the route of, bare metal, red oxide primer, a coat or two of black stonechip and then a nice thin layer of underseal. At least that way the whole protection is thin and can't really hide any rust in future.