PDA

View Full Version : More LET problems

Nobby
19-04-10, 09:34 PM
Hi guys right drove my LET to work today 1st time out on the road and when i hard accelerate it jerks before coming onto boost and lose's power. So i had my exhaust welded up and took it for another drive and still the same. Then looked at my mates LET and i hadnt got the ecu vacuum pipe on so put that on seemed to idle better but as soon as i hit 2.5k it dies on me? So then i tried to drive it home and it will hardly rev above 1.5k? The only problem i know of is that the main boost hose off the turbo to the ic is kinked ( going to try this 1st) but would that cause it to not boost at all?? The EML light came on after about 1.5miles this morning but i took the battery off to charge it up and nothing has been on since? AFM?? Any help reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealllllllyyyy apreciated! :thumb:

Paul
19-04-10, 09:36 PM
Get the niggly problems sorted like boost pipe etc then let us kno...

alan b
19-04-10, 09:37 PM
why didnt you flash the code before wiping it? if the kink is very bad it may cause that, you may have a boost leak tho

Nobby
19-04-10, 09:41 PM
why didnt you flash the code before wiping it? if the kink is very bad it may cause that, you may have a boost leak tho

to be honest mate the kink wasnt good i just wanted to see if it ran 1st lol gna sort that 1st and ill check all boost pipes. Thanks :thumb:

ste porter
20-04-10, 02:08 AM
what plugs and gaps?
amal valve pluged and plumbed in corect?
capable fuel pump and tank with a swirl pot?
boost leak? (most likely from what you describe?)
hot start valve been junked?
water temp sender new?
center pin nackered in the diz cap (more comon than you think)

theres loads more aswell but without seeing it and assesing it and whats been done myself its fairly hard to diagnose

Will F
20-04-10, 08:40 AM
It wont boost at all if there is a split boost pipe/or its fallen off!

Shaun
20-04-10, 09:58 AM
i had similar problem on my let corsa, one of the boost pipes had popped off.

did exactly as you described :)

Plug
20-04-10, 10:21 AM
would agree with a boost pipe slipping off being the problem

blue_peg_16v
20-04-10, 11:58 AM
plugs could be the problem i run rs turbo plugs gapped at 0.6

alan b
20-04-10, 12:27 PM
std plugs should boost fine upto .8

ste porter
20-04-10, 02:49 PM
i had massive problems with the cav turbo boost pipes when they poped of it still brought it up to 0 pressure but wouldnt come into possative presure as the pipes were still lined up with each other but not atached if you get me and it will whistle like mad you will hear it if you have poped a boost pipe of trust me

if it wont boost at all is your waste gate actualy staying shut?

Nobby
20-04-10, 08:41 PM
Righy guys sorted my kinked pipe now and checked all the other boost pipes for tightness all seem fine. Now though it will start 1st time and idle for around 5-10 seconds and then cut out? also if i put my foot anywhere near the pedal it dies? The EML isnt going out under cranking so going to try and flash any codes?

blue_peg_16v
20-04-10, 08:51 PM
std plugs should boost fine upto .8

true but rs turbo plugs are better and are only £8 a set

badboydc
20-04-10, 08:52 PM
have a look at the fule relay mate had that with mine it rusts inside

Adam
20-04-10, 08:52 PM
So is the ecu light staying on when the engine does run?

JordyzNova
20-04-10, 09:37 PM
So is the ecu light staying on when the engine does run?

no mate it isnt?

ste porter
20-04-10, 10:45 PM
while its ticking over is your pump running or just priming on cranking?

Nobby
20-04-10, 11:38 PM
im not sure mate ive come in now im going to try another relay on it tommorow and see if she will boost

blue_peg_16v
21-04-10, 12:18 AM
have you compresion tested it mine wouldnt boost with the fooked head gasket i thought the turbo had gone as no oil or water mixed

krobinson
21-04-10, 06:24 PM
Check the Earths on your fuel rail, sometimes they can vibrate loose and cause lots of problems.

It will be something seriously simple, just hard to find.

Nobby
21-04-10, 09:27 PM
Check the Earths on your fuel rail, sometimes they can vibrate loose and cause lots of problems.

It will be something seriously simple, just hard to find.

ye mate i have :confused:

i got back from work today and changed the relay - no good. It seems to run and the cut out near enough the same time everytime it does run? seems like a immobiliser lol (ecu code is pk so it hasnt got one?) i go underneath and the fuel pump primes on cranking and buzzes while the car runs then it seem to buzz funny and then funny again then the engine cuts out! so i thought it could be this so got another fuel pump and it wouldnt start at all! i have fuel at the rail but it doesnt spray out as such just seems like a long drip not pressurised like? i have a very good spark so im sure its a fueling issue somewhere? The gsi tank im using was empty and ive put £15 in so far and done around 6 mile but im wondering if thats still not enough? as the needle has not moved off the red?

A mate at work works part time with Stuart at the Griffin centre by me and its going down there on saturday but id like to sort it myself if i could!

So far its cost me £1500 for the engine and i had a paddy and kicked the rear quarter and a wig mirror off grrrr furkin cars!!! lol

djbrowney
21-04-10, 09:31 PM
get some fuel in it, might be a good start !!!

blue_peg_16v
21-04-10, 09:39 PM
welcome to owning a let

blue_peg_16v
welcome to owning a let

Adam
So youve put 15quid in but the gauge hasnt moved?

Did the other pump you fitted work before you tried it on yours???

Does seem weird, have you got a fuel filter fitted? Stupid question but youve got the return on the fuel pressure reg yeah?

Nobby
21-04-10, 09:40 PM
get some fuel in it, might be a good start !!!

im going to bang £20 in on friday when i get paid lol i would of thought £15 should get it going lol

Nobby
21-04-10, 09:41 PM
So youve put 15quid in but the gauge hasnt moved?

Did the other pump you fitted work before you tried it on yours???

Does seem weird, have you got a fuel filter fitted? Stupid question but youve got the return on the fuel pressure reg yeah?

no mate i just running the pump on its own?

blue_peg_16v
21-04-10, 09:45 PM
well that wont stop it running but id fit a filter mate

Nobby
21-04-10, 09:47 PM
well that wont stop it running but id fit a filter mate

ive got a filter mate just no regulator? i didnt think you needed 1?

AlexW
21-04-10, 09:49 PM
The reg should be on the fuel rail?

Nobby
21-04-10, 09:52 PM
The reg should be on the fuel rail?

ooo ye lol i the pump came with some kind of regulator thing and i thought he ment that lol

Adam
21-04-10, 09:53 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of a blocked filter tbh, but thats out the window now.

Yeah, the regulator on the rail, the return pipe back to the tank should be connected to it, assume you already know that though from having a xe in there previously.

Nobby
21-04-10, 09:55 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of a blocked filter tbh, but thats out the window now.

Yeah, the regulator on the rail, the return pipe back to the tank should be connected to it, assume you already know that though from having a xe in there previously.

ye the 2 pipes came with my LET pal going to try some fuel on friday and go from there :thumb:

ste porter
22-04-10, 01:26 AM
have you tryed running a live and earth to your pump direct from another battery so you know its pumping constant when you try starting it?

seals perished in the fuel presure reg causing low fuel presure?

JordyzNova
22-04-10, 12:46 PM
have you tryed running a live and earth to your pump direct from another battery so you know its pumping constant when you try starting it?

seals perished in the fuel presure reg causing low fuel presure?

ye mate im tryin that later