PDA

View Full Version : GRRRRR differnt clutch to release bearing?

Nobby
18-04-10, 06:35 PM
as abive ive fitted my let and my clutch cable asnormal but ive had to adjust it up majorly to get it to go into gear when not running its fine? however the box was mine and the clutch came on the engine am i right in hinking they could be differenet? any help appreciated! :thumb:

mowgli
18-04-10, 08:36 PM
i take it the flywheel is a different thickness, or the clutch is a different spec

Adam
18-04-10, 08:43 PM
What clutch and fly are you using?

And what box

Nobby
18-04-10, 11:10 PM
ooooooooooooooo ****! the xe on carbs was a pot type this one is the smaller flywheel!!! epic fail!!!!!!

Adam
18-04-10, 11:12 PM
Ive got the release bearing out of a pot clutch kit on mine (im using a flat fly/clutch)

Nobby
18-04-10, 11:21 PM
oh right? its a f16cr with slim flywheel and ppot release bearing

Lee H
19-04-10, 07:11 AM
Have you used the pot style friction plate?

I have had this problem before when I've mixed a pot friction plate with a flat type cover plate although some people will tell you they are the same. They have different part numbers and when I swapped to a flat style friction plate all was fine again.

Nobby
19-04-10, 09:27 PM
Have you used the pot style friction plate?

I have had this problem before when I've mixed a pot friction plate with a flat type cover plate although some people will tell you they are the same. They have different part numbers and when I swapped to a flat style friction plate all was fine again.

hi mate no its a slim type clutch plate and a pot type bearing