PDA

View Full Version : - Info request -

Anonymous
23-04-03, 11:27 PM
Hola, I think most of you know me if not im rexy and i used to be a regular on novaload until i bought a corsa :oops:

Anyways the corsas up for sale and i've got a 1.2 nova flair :P "beast"

Well the story goes like this:

The nova was to be used as a road rally car but then i thought stuff this i want a fast ickle nova again as my friends currently in the proces of dropping a c20xe into his nova :o which would kill the corsa instead of using the heavy corsa i though y not sell up and start again so i am. The plan is to totally gut the novas insides lighten the doors, and boot and any thing else i can, remove all the sound deading, spare wheel well etc etc and drop a c1600se with twin 40's.

Basically my question is How light and what can i cut out of a nova shell to save weight? I dont want to make the shell really soggy just lighten as much as poss to give the greatest power : weight ratio.

As soon as i get back from america the project begins :D

Stuart
24-04-03, 01:11 AM
go on a diet ;)

loose anything that you dont need, strip bits of the dash that you dont need. erm cut off the rear seat mounts etc (little bits but it all adds up)

and generally put the car on a diet too

locky
24-04-03, 05:16 PM
go on a diet

Lol, he couldnt get any smaller! :lol:

U could take out the rear seatbelts, all the boot trim,
carpet, underlay stuff, peel off the sound deadenung stuff, take out centre console, door cards!

mikeoxford
24-04-03, 06:07 PM
petrol tank - remove it for a small lightweight alloy one in the spare wheel well

jkhilton
24-04-03, 06:17 PM
You could chop out the spare wheel well and weld a flat piece of metal over teh hole. I dont know if this will do anything for the strength of the car, but it should save weight.

If you really want to go mad, change the windows for fixed position perspex ones and remove all the winder mechanism from the doors.

I remember reading somewhere about cutting circular holes into the body work in certain areas to lose weight, the strength was still there cos of how the holes were cut, I can't remember exactly what it was, but I'm sure if you ask Ste, he will know!!!

mikeoxford
24-04-03, 06:22 PM
carbon fibre pannels?

i know colin smith does doors and wings

i know of boot lids and bonnets also

Euan
24-04-03, 07:54 PM
mike do you know how i can get in touch with him (colin smith)

mikeoxford
24-04-03, 08:01 PM
mike do you know how i can get in touch with him (colin smith)

colin.smith@liverpool-victoria.co.uk

please tell him i sent you?

hell understand why

Euan
24-04-03, 08:05 PM
cheers mate.

kieran
24-04-03, 08:38 PM
how much ???

mikeoxford
24-04-03, 11:37 PM
how much ???