PDA

View Full Version : bottom end help

mart25
18-04-10, 10:43 AM
hi all , was just wondering if the c20ne (2.0 8valve) and the c20xe (16valve) have the same bottom end , reason being i have broken my valver bottom end lol but i have a 2 litre 8 valve engine in my shed . would the bottom en from the 8 valve marry up to the 16 valve head and run ok ....?? many thanks mart:thumb: :thumb:

mowgli
18-04-10, 10:58 AM
well, the pistons will be wrong for a start & the valves would clout them.....if you fitted xe pistons to the ne bottom end, it should work, as long as all the sensors etc fit

mart25
18-04-10, 11:01 AM
well, the pistons will be wrong for a start & the valves would clout them.....if you fitted xe pistons to the ne bottom end, it should work, as long as all the sensors etc fit
in what way are the pistons different . mine are'nt forged coscast ones in the xe . i thought they would be identical ???:thumb:

mowgli
18-04-10, 11:06 AM
an ne is 8v and has a central dish with 2 valve cutouts, the valves in the ne are vertical in a line..

an xe has 2 rows of angled valves, and the head is dished, so the piston has 2 angled grooves.

I personally guarantee you that it will not work with ne pistons in

mart25
18-04-10, 11:11 AM
an ne is 8v and has a central dish with 2 valve cutouts, the valves in the ne are vertical in a line..

an xe has 2 rows of angled valves, and the head is dished, so the piston has 2 angled grooves.

I personally guarantee you that it will not work with ne pistons in
ok cheers buddy ... how much do xe bottom ends ussually go for now-a-days . ( i think i may have wrecked one piston in my bottom end) lol:thumb:

mowgli
18-04-10, 11:13 AM
get a price for a rebore & matching pistons from a local engineering shop, anything else simply is not worth it

mart25
18-04-10, 11:18 AM
get a price for a rebore & matching pistons from a local engineering shop, anything else simply is not worth it
haha yeah thought u would say that ...cheers mate thanks for the info:thumb: :thumb: 1 rep