17-04-10, 10:24 PM
i have a full set here. FOC

General Baxter
17-04-10, 10:34 PM
ring vauxhall you gay there about 1.40 each but only come in packs of 5 or 10

if they dont have a part number, i just get a blank look, 'whats a bolt'

Adam
17-04-10, 10:47 PM
In my experience vauxhall dealers dont like people coming in with there own part numbers.....
Because if its a number off an old epc version, it may now be a NLS part or have changed to a different number, or you may have been given the wrong number etc

Just go in and say cam cover bolt,get him to bring the diagram up of the engine and just point the bolt out that you need, simples.

Or just go a bolt place and buy some

Keif
18-04-10, 11:10 AM
In my experience vauxhall dealers dont like people coming in with there own part numbers.....
Because if its a number off an old epc version, it may now be a NLS part or have changed to a different number, or you may have been given the wrong number etc

If a supplied Part Number doesn't come up, the EPC will give the superseded number (or say NLS if it's No Long Serviced). So shouldn't be a problem for any Part Department.

They should be greatful they don't have to search though the illogical categorising of some parts too.

If you've got a wrong, number they've got to do the same as going in and asking for the part anyway.

Sounds like you have a grumpy Parts Department Adam.

I regularly go in and ask for things by Part Numbers, the parts guys prefer it, they don't have to search for it on the EPC, can go on one screen and tell me the cost.

The only downside is, if I do have a part number wrong and they order it, i can't return it.