XE PROJECT
17-04-10, 06:06 PM
this is my engine
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v715/Theseller2121/DSC01443.jpg

do i need to change my cams to run the dizzy setup required for r1 carbs

Or can i use another ignition setup?

Anyone got anything availalbe or a link to best option

Iv search for all this info but varied options

Ps going for super smooth look so anytihng small and hidden/easy to hide would be best for me

craig green
17-04-10, 06:31 PM
It looks like a poorly painted engine bay with brake pipes covered in overspray. The engine I assume is a 2.0XE?

You dont have to change the std cams, but to make full benefit of some twin carbs, you could go for longer duration/higher lift cams. That will move the power band up the rev range depending on specs, usually trading a bit of low end grunt for extra top end revs.

The best ignition would be mapped ignition, but if you want a dizzy for cost reasons, try looking up H&H on the net.

XE PROJECT
17-04-10, 06:47 PM
It looks like a poorly painted engine bay with brake pipes covered in overspray. The engine I assume is a 2.0XE?

The best ignition would be mapped ignition, but if you want a dizzy for cost reasons, try looking up H&H on the net.

Yeh whole car is getting stripped and painted

so i have correct cam and can just plug dizzy on end?

or where can iget mapped ignition?

Adam
17-04-10, 06:51 PM
No you cant use a dizzy with that exhaust cam because its a dispak engine

Saloony
17-04-10, 06:58 PM
Dude, take that end cap off and just look inside, or take it off and take a pic then we can tell if you need to change the exhaust cam or not.

XE PROJECT
17-04-10, 07:04 PM
No you cant use a dizzy with that exhaust cam because its a dispak engine

Sorry if im not understanding this right but

Its coscast head and mate said it was weird to have dispak???????

craig green
17-04-10, 07:21 PM
Thge head makes no odds, sure its strange that a late engine has one, but they (coscasts) are literally scattered at random now accross all engines.

XE PROJECT
17-04-10, 07:23 PM
Thge head makes no odds, sure its strange that a late engine has one, but they (coscasts) are literally scattered at random now accross all engines.

ok, i whip cover off and have a look, is there anything i should esp be looking for?

tom reid
17-04-10, 08:21 PM
I wouldn't bother with a dizzy, Megajolt is what your looking for, small, easily hidden and about the same cost as a new dizzy set up from H+H, won't have to change the cam either.
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/tomreid/Ediskit.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/tomreid/DSC00183.jpg

XE PROJECT
17-04-10, 08:35 PM
I wouldn't bother with a dizzy, Megajolt is what your looking for, small, easily hidden and about the same cost as a new dizzy set up from H+H, won't have to change the cam either.

Yeh thats more like it

Where and how much, had alook at megajolt web site but confussing

Adam
17-04-10, 08:37 PM
triggerwheels.com