PDA

View Full Version : emergency tax

vauxboi
17-04-10, 04:51 PM
Hi people would anyone know how to get off emergency tax because its doing my bloody nut in, i could do with the extra few quid but how do i go about it, im with a recruitment company and have been for about 7 months but a friend of mine said i can also get a tax rebate so any emergency tax ive paid i will get back, im 17 so i didnt know about it until recently :roll:

kent14sr
17-04-10, 05:11 PM
Have you given your employer your P45 from previous job or alternatively filled in a P46? If not you will stay on emergency tax till you do.

And you can get a rebate once your coding is corrected.

Adam
17-04-10, 05:41 PM
As above

vauxboi
17-04-10, 06:40 PM
this is my first job, i phoned up the tax office and they said ask your current employer for a p45 you fill it out then get them to fill out the other half then they will send it to us

Jack
17-04-10, 10:43 PM
Whats your tax code at the moment?

Pete
18-04-10, 12:17 AM
yeah when i got my first job i had to sort this out, just ask your employer to fill out there part, you fill yours, and i got mine 2 weeks later on my pay day, just over £700, not bad :)

Sloth
18-04-10, 10:03 AM
other option is send a p6 form to your local hmrc, then when the correct coding comes back from them, fill out a p46 and give it to your employer to finish and send.

vauxboi
18-04-10, 01:36 PM
my current tax code is br/x

Danny s-p
18-04-10, 02:22 PM
were do i fined my tax code and fined out wot tax group am in

Jack
18-04-10, 05:03 PM
Get onto the tax office, BR is basic rate which means everything you earn is taxed at 20%. They either think you have a second job, or don't have the right information - as said, they will probably require you to fill out a P46.

Incidentally, HMR&C has been ravaged by government cutbacks, local offices - who would normally be able to sort this out in a 5 min phone call or quick visit - have been stripped of staff if not closed completely. You'll be thanking good ol' Brown for that one, so I hope he won't be getting your vote come election time.

were do i fined my tax code and fined out wot tax group am in
It'll be on a wage slip, P60 or "PAYE Coding Notice" letter that HMR&C send out each year.

Danny s-p
18-04-10, 11:26 PM
It'll be on a wage slip, P60 or "PAYE Coding Notice" letter that HMR&C send out each year.were do i fined out wot the tax code means

l1nuxxx
18-04-10, 11:34 PM
were do i fined out wot the tax code means

If im correcrt in saying for eg if its 647L it means you can earn up to £6470 before you are taxed etc. I worked for the HMRC reciently but got pissed off with the stress so changed jobs, start my new one tomorrow :d

Danny s-p
18-04-10, 11:43 PM
my new pay slips say 647L and i have get taxed my old ones say 603L(w1/m1) and i was getting tax more it say it income tax wot that lol

l1nuxxx
18-04-10, 11:48 PM
my new pay slips say 647L and i have get taxed my old ones say 603L(w1/m1) and i was getting tax more it say it income tax wot that lol

I use to be on 603L which meant £6030 before income tax now mines is 647L which means I can earn more before income tax. All income tax is, is a personal tax levied on income it goes to the goverment...bad times :cry:

Danny s-p
18-04-10, 11:55 PM
are right so income tax is wat we give to the government for them to spend . like they have just give ups a load of £££££ to put the 2012 olimpic sticker on the side of there van's payed by every one that works by there taxes is that wat income tax is about then

1.3sr_kane
19-04-10, 12:03 AM
normally if u pester ure boss enough (recruitment agency) they will sort this for you. i can remember having to go through all this many times.. its normally literally a 5minute form to fill out on there behalf but always gets pushed to bottom as not seen important! but keep pestering them m8...

kelbelle
19-04-10, 07:02 PM
Well I just received FOUR seperate letter from the tax office with Four different tax codes :S How that work?

MK999
19-04-10, 07:03 PM
Well I just received FOUR seperate letter from the tax office with Four different tax codes :S How that work?

someone stole your identity 3 times.

Jack
19-04-10, 08:43 PM
Because they're idiots lol

Not uncommon actually, they just kicked off a new computer system which has ballsed up all their records. Loads of people are getting multiple notifications