PDA

View Full Version : Caustic soda ya pistons?

nova_saloon
17-04-10, 12:28 AM
Good idea or bad idea? Seen it done a couple of times, just a medium mix leave it in for about a minute or so comes out pretty well. But good idea or bad idea?
:thumb:

muzzy
17-04-10, 12:49 AM
I personally try and stay clear of the stuff as it does like to eat away at certain metal's. Try using petrol, that mixed with some other stuff is what we used for de-coking heads.

garyc
17-04-10, 05:52 PM
caustic soda eats aluminium so dont do it.

nova_saloon
18-04-10, 12:59 AM
yes it does but not very fast. not in a minute! left stuff in for nearly 10 mins once and hardly did anything just oxided a little but that can come off with some good scrubbing!

craig green
18-04-10, 02:17 AM
Mr Muscle FTW

mowgli
18-04-10, 10:42 AM
Mr Muscle FTW

saved me saying it....

Nobby
18-04-10, 11:07 AM
if i heard anything was going to damage your pistons instead of half hours sweat and blood with a pressure washer and some sandpaper and wd40 i wouldnt do it lol

mowgli
18-04-10, 11:10 AM
if i heard anything was going to damage your pistons instead of half hours sweat and blood with a pressure washer and some sandpaper and wd40 i wouldnt do it lol

water at pressure will wear aluminium away, as does sand paper............so you've sort of lost your own argument there

nova_saloon
18-04-10, 10:08 PM
lol only a soft metal but Mr Muscle is basically caustic soda in a fun handy foam thingy. and sandpaper, rather just grab the ole grinding wheel. Omnom the pistons it will

Nobby
18-04-10, 11:44 PM
water at pressure will wear aluminium away, as does sand paper............so you've sort of lost your own argument there

thats what we do at my work pal and we dont have any come backs lol