PDA

View Full Version : Lambda sensor for SBD kit/ C20XE

scott.parker
16-04-10, 09:24 PM
As title which one is it i need?

As there's some on ebay for an XE but i dont know if the connection will be right, do i need a SBD one?

Scott

phazer
17-04-10, 09:25 AM
Depending on how the loom was done the connector could be OEM or any number of other connectors to be honest.

It'll be a standard bosch heated sensor, might not even be used to be honest, can you look at the software and see if it's even enabled/configured?

If it were me I'd find the cheapest genuine bosch sensor (3 or 4 wire, you'll need to check) and then either change connectors or re-do to suit.

MARTIN KELSON
17-04-10, 09:40 AM
Hi Scott
Mine is std Vaux one.
All i needed to do was buy the plug from SBD and convert to suit the loom.
There is a part on SBD site that tells you which wire goes to which pin.

Martin

Adam
17-04-10, 11:14 AM
Scott-Why do you really need a lambda sensor? Get a boss fitted so a wideband can be fitted for mapping, but for everyday running you dont really need a lambda

scott.parker
18-04-10, 12:21 AM
Scott-Why do you really need a lambda sensor? Get a boss fitted so a wideband can be fitted for mapping, but for everyday running you dont really need a lambda

Are you saying that if i get a Lambda port/boss in the system (in-line on the manifold before the system begins) then i dont need the sensor my self, the mappers will have one to map the car with etc? i just need a plug to plug the pot lol?

Scott

Adam
18-04-10, 11:57 AM
Yes mate. A decent mapping place are pretty f**ked if they aint got a wideband setup to use lol
Which will have its own display/controller etc (they wont involve your ecu....)

And as for everyday running nobody runs a narrow band lambda tbh, i bet the mbe ecu isnt confirgured/setup to use the signal either.. :)
Its of no real benefit to you.

Id just get the boss fitted into the manifold collector (on top or at the side, not underneath), and then plug it, so its there ready....

If you do want a useful lambda setup to keep an eye on the fuel side of things, you'll need a wideband setup, which is £150-£200.