PDA

View Full Version : Painting Question

Pete
16-04-10, 12:42 PM
Ok my Nova is Polar White, i bought a can just to do a little touch up's on it, so i did them yesturday night on the rear arches, i did a bit on the door pillar's aswell but where ive done the pillar's it looks a shade darker and looks like it could be glacier white..

but where i did on the arches its blended in nicely and i can hardly tell where i had actually done it.

Any help on this?

vaughanmc
16-04-10, 12:45 PM
You get different variants of the same paint code mate...I know your saying yours is Polar White but for example there is, I think, 10 different shades of Glacier...

You might have bought a different shade/variant to the one which your car is...Even although it's the same paint name and code

Hope this helps :)

Pete
16-04-10, 12:47 PM
it does help but how come i can blend it on the arches but not on the pillars?

vaughanmc
16-04-10, 12:49 PM
You'll can fade it out on the arches because it's a bigger panel and you can lose the new paint to the old paint but if your painting 'edge to edge' you'll see the difference plus your old paint will have faded and dulled

Get some pics up

Pete
16-04-10, 12:53 PM
yeah i will do :) ill put some up in a bit as im about to make some lunch and a coffee lol + Rep btw :)

vaughanmc
16-04-10, 12:53 PM
Check yours as well mate :)

Nova_Tek
16-04-10, 12:56 PM
Thing with all these different shades is that they look the same when on a colour chip but soon as you put it next to the other shade the difference is really clear. The gold on my car has 3 shades, such a pain if you're doing one panel only or a touch up.

lol at glacier white with 10 shades

Jack
16-04-10, 05:56 PM
Don't forget as well car paint on different panels will have worn and faded at different rates. You only need to look at a magma red Nova or Corsa to see the different levels of pink lol

dj_wudgey
16-04-10, 05:58 PM
there's 10 shades off glacier white how the f*ck i know which one mine is off the sr im going for some tomorow lol

Olly755
16-04-10, 06:24 PM
Just resprayed the rally car in Polar White.

When you park it next to my other Nova (with original Polar White paint), the difference is night and day.

Both colour code 11L.

MK999
16-04-10, 06:31 PM
Don't forget as well car paint on different panels will have worn and faded at different rates. You only need to look at a magma red Nova or Corsa to see the different levels of pink lol

There's roughly 682 shades of flame pink.

craig green
16-04-10, 06:37 PM
Were both areas you painted covered in the same primer or base coat?

blue_peg_16v
16-04-10, 07:33 PM
theres 5 different lazer blues lol