PDA

View Full Version : speaker wiring?

daverobson
15-04-10, 06:41 PM
what is the best way to wire in my to rear 6x9's??
its a mk1 pov spec, will the speaker wiring be there?

atm i have speakers inline with the 2 in the dash, but not surprisinly they dont sond very good (quieter than the front) lol.
would it be best to wire to head unit, how? :roll:

cheers

Jack
15-04-10, 06:51 PM
Ideally, via an amp.

You can get away with wiring them direct into the head unit though. You'll need to splice the wires into the rear left and rear right channels (assuming they're going in the back?) from the head unit, then just run those wires to the speakers. Pretty simple.

I like to run fresh wiring when it comes to audio. You can direct the wires under the plastic trim around the door and rear quarter panels, then up to the speakers (again, assuming they're in the back). Try to keep audio wires away from power wires and the rest of the car loom to minimise interference.

daverobson
15-04-10, 06:54 PM
i see. i can do wiring im fine with that, i just dont know how to do audio lol.

how would i wire in speakers with an amp?

i tried using the search btw lol

brainsnova
15-04-10, 09:28 PM
to wire in amp you need an amp wiring kit. the red from the battery,earth and remote from stereo,then run the rear speaker wires from the stereo to the amp input then wires from the amp output to the speakers. simples

daverobson
15-04-10, 10:47 PM
ah so same as sub? can i run a sub and speakers all of the same amp?

craig green
15-04-10, 11:08 PM
ah so same as sub? can i run a sub and speakers all of the same amp?

yeah if the amp is big enough & supports the wiring or number of channels you want to run.

6x9's are fine from a modern headunit with more than 25watts per channel. But are best off being amped to get the most from them.

I ran a full fr & rear amped setup of 4" fr speakers & Pioneer 300w 6x9's in my GSi last season from a Rockford Punch 4x30w amp I got on ebay for £19. Bargain & sounded quite nice too. I got asked to turn it down enough times. lol

daverobson
16-04-10, 01:43 PM
hmmm, also will my car have the wiring for the rear speakers?

just want couple of alright sounding speakers dont need loads of ice

markc20xe
16-04-10, 06:17 PM
where bout in hertfordshire are ya cos it your close then could pop up and help ya if you want???

craig green
16-04-10, 06:21 PM
I would still run new cables. The OE stuff isnt capable of anything remotely good sounding tbh. Its doubtfull it will reach for what you want to do & will have suffered 20 years inside a Nova already.

daverobson
16-04-10, 06:35 PM
where bout in hertfordshire are ya cos it your close then could pop up and help ya if you want???
W.G.C massive! wouldnt mind seein your car, still not sure if i love it or hate it lol

markc20xe
16-04-10, 06:41 PM
lol no worrys lol have to pop up and meet ya want nite's you bout and where you hang or come down hertford way im bout 2nite if you wanna pop down mate?? or pm me and let me no mate:thumb: