PDA

View Full Version : Pissing me off!

Anonymous
15-12-00, 01:29 PM
My car squeaks.
The noise appears to be coming from my right front wheel. The wheel squeaks more the faster i go, and stops as soon as i touch the brakes, even if i just lightly touch the brakes when im driving it stops immediately. Its quite loud as i can hear it from in the car when im driving. Its been suggested that the disc is warped, i've checked this and both front discs are fine (Note:Front pads and discs were replaced new only 18 months ago!) I then thought maybe the pads were getting stuck in the caliper and not going back in position when i stop breaking. I took the caliper off and the pads out. There was no signs of uneven wear on the pads, and when i put them back in i made sure the caliper was clean and i "copper-eased" the moving parts of the pads and caliper. After i'd done this the noise got a lot better but gradually it got worse and worse and a week later its back to how it was before. Ive had the wheel off loads of times and ive copper eased the wheel nuts before i put them back on, and ive done the nuts up tight so the wheels not loose. Im now completely out of ideas, and have to drive around with the stereo up full so i cant hear it.
Any help much appreciated.
Cheers, Tony.

Anonymous
15-12-00, 01:33 PM
check the CV gaitor mate.

Anonymous
15-12-00, 01:45 PM
It could possibly be the pistons in the caliper not working correctly.

Anonymous
15-12-00, 08:01 PM
hey m8 try the wheel bearing, cause if they r fcuked they cause 1 hell of a whine.....doh

i have noticed one on mine is just starting 2 go

Try it , u'll probably find it 2 be that

Ballsy

Anonymous
16-12-00, 10:05 AM
A wheel bearing will (usually) make more of a deep rumbling noise (like a ten pin bowling ball) The only thing I can sugest is to strip the calipers down and replace the sliders with new ones, also clean the surface of the pads and the disc with white spirit. Replace the pads while your in there, or deglaze the old ons by putting some sandpaper on a perfectly flat surface and rubbing the pad against it.