PDA

View Full Version : Roof Spray Repair?

abbomaniac
15-04-10, 02:24 AM
Got A Mk 2 Nova Which The Previous Owner Thought It Would Be Nice To Rattle Can The Roof And A Terrible V Shape On The Bonnet Black.there Is No Streaks Etc Just Would Rather It All One Colour .which Would Be The Best Way To Spray It Back To Red ( Flame Red I Think) Would It Need To Be Sent In5o The Shop Or I'd There A Possible Way To Diy ?

Nova_Tek
15-04-10, 02:32 AM
If you're confident with doing it yourself then you could rattle can it. Flame red IIRC is a solid paint finish so it's fairly easy to get a good result unlike metallic which is more difficult.

You can rub it down, key the surface making sure it's smooth and then paint it (obviously it's more involved than that but that's the jist of it)

All depends on your abilities.

abbomaniac
15-04-10, 03:26 AM
To Be Honest I Have Mainly Only Done Wheel Refurbs But Am Pritty Confident,so Wouldn't Need A Top Coat On Top , Main Thing I'm Unsure Of Is What Grade Sand Paper To Use

Nova_Tek
15-04-10, 01:15 PM
If the roof skin is flat with no dents or dings and you're happy to paint it, you can get some scotch pad and key the surface preparing it for paint. If you've done wheel refurbs then it's really the same principle.

Depends on what pain you use. If it's water based paint then it'll need a clearcoat. If it's off the shelf rattle can and a solid colour you won't need to (obviously check what it says on the tin).

If you're still unsure search on here or google it up and you should be able to get some detailed how to.

abbomaniac
15-04-10, 07:38 PM
Yeah will have a look and see cheers for info , sick of looking at the stupid v on the bonnet