PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

NathanSRi
15-04-10, 01:47 AM
Hey guys, i'm in need of some advice.

Seeing as though im 6ft 4, no-one is EVER going to sit behind me in the nova, so i'm considering stripping it out.

Would just like some advice on things like, is there much performance to be gained from removing the back seats? And would the insurance be cheaper or more expensive if it was insured as a 2 seater?

wwmnw
15-04-10, 01:50 AM
I don't think the insurance changes although I could be very wrong. The car would accelerate quicker due to less weight, although the back end could get flighty around corners with enthusiastic driving.

Nova_Tek
15-04-10, 01:53 AM
The rear seat back is actually quite heavy especialy if it's a one piece MK1 seat. Saving a few kg's is going to help performance the more the better. Just really depends how far you wnna strip it.

NathanSRi
15-04-10, 01:58 AM
Probably go as far as carpets and side panels from the front seat right to the back of the car

dj_wudgey
15-04-10, 10:19 AM
my insurance didnt change but go for it your car will be quicker will handle beter all round more fun imo! But since its a sr dont cut the seat brackets out and save your rear seats for if you sell her! I took the rears out off my sr and have had much fun ive ended up taking the spare wheel out and the tar stuf under the carpet to make it lighter ha ha worth it id say!

Jack
15-04-10, 10:21 AM
Theoretically the insurance should be cheaper, as less passengers = less personal injury claims lol

In reality, you'll probably see no change in premium for something like that.

dj_wudgey
15-04-10, 10:35 AM
Theoretically the insurance should be cheaper, as less passengers = less personal injury claims lol

In reality, you'll probably see no change in premium for something like that.

As i said my premium didnt change and i told them that id got buckets and harnases and the belts bolt to the rear belt buckle holes! And they ask if i used it for track days or anything and i said drag racing lol!