PDA

View Full Version : x14xe

kc_08
13-04-10, 09:21 PM
hi im just interested in seeing what people have done and had performance wise out of this engine. i know with a simple exhaust system and induction kit with a mantzel style inlet have seen around 130bhp, im planning on reaching that, at the moment im sticking with a full straight through system, induction kit and inlet with a chipped ecu and raised rev limiter 7500rpm (suitable?) with the aircon taken off and all the ecotec stuff and aiming for this power, could someone show me/point me in the direction of good spec ones? i know the x16xe/c16xe is a more common choice. not really seen many done, only mine, my mates and aw06's

blue_peg_16v
13-04-10, 09:58 PM
i know of jre engine on 45 carbs (due to rally class would make more on throttle bodies) that is 186bhp that has pistons mega cams full head you name it dry sump the lot and boy does it go well

Eck
13-04-10, 11:00 PM
I have one.

Fitted with a powerbox it is rapid, quicker than a mates 2.0 XE Corsa.

It's very quick in first to third, but 4th & 5th are a bit long as I've used an F13 diesel box.

A powerbox is a must otherise you have that awful noise it makes when you rev it.

kc_08
14-04-10, 01:00 AM
ye thats the main thing on my list as its the most restrictive part on these engines (correct me if im wrong) id like to see good power from it but dont want to spend thousands in it, i know big block's easier and cheaper but i like the idea of a good spec 1400.. 186 is more than i thought you'd get from carbs and the other stuff done, i thought it'd be more 160. ive heard theres one about running 235bhp but turbo'd and big spec plus ££££'s, also planning on getting the head lightly ported and polished, i dont think im being to optimistic? (140bhp)

kc_08
14-04-10, 01:01 AM
ye thats the main thing on my list as its the most restrictive part on these engines (correct me if im wrong) id like to see good power from it but dont want to spend thousands in it, i know big block's easier and cheaper but i like the idea of a good spec 1400.. 186 is more than i thought you'd get from carbs and the other stuff done, i thought it'd be more 160. ive heard theres one about running 235bhp but turbo'd and big spec plus ££££'s, also planning on getting the head lightly ported and polished, i dont think im being to optimistic? (140bhp)

kc_08
14-04-10, 01:03 AM
double post my fault, could admin delete one for me?

AlexW
14-04-10, 11:48 AM
You wont get more than 120/130 i would imagine.

There only 88bhp ish from standard. Some people struggle to get 130/140 from 1.6's.

Sloth
14-04-10, 12:46 PM
best upgrade? bin it and fit a big block. yeah 140+bhp is great for willy waving, but 150+ft lb of torque is better, as toque actually turns the wheels. :)

draper
14-04-10, 12:55 PM
hi im just interested in seeing what people have done and had performance wise out of this engine. i know with a simple exhaust system and induction kit with a mantzel style inlet have seen around 130bhp, im planning on reaching that, at the moment im sticking with a full straight through system, induction kit and inlet with a chipped ecu and raised rev limiter 7500rpm (suitable?) with the aircon taken off and all the ecotec stuff and aiming for this power, could someone show me/point me in the direction of good spec ones? i know the x16xe/c16xe is a more common choice. not really seen many done, only mine, my mates and aw06's

im assuming the 130 figure you saw was on a totally dofferent car to the this one :confused:

kc_08
14-04-10, 01:03 PM
im assuming the 130 figure you saw was on a totally dofferent car to the this one :confused:
proven rolling roaded, it was a corsa b.. mines a nova, oh friends uncle who does head work will be doing abit to mine in the next couple weeks too :)

Sloth
14-04-10, 02:03 PM
tbh the head ports are a decent design as std, just a good matching job to do really. the cash you'll spend getting 140+ from it could be spent on bigger better engines.

Adam
14-04-10, 03:26 PM
As above really. The heads arent really restrictive up to 150+hp.

And i "only" got 127bhp from my 1600 16v with full exhaust/manifold, mantzel powerbox, and a set of kent cams.
Those mods on a 1.4 will see 110 on a good day

kc_08
15-04-10, 11:30 AM
oh fair enough cheers for that guys, id like an xe but couldnt afford to run it/insure it/ tax it, as im not doing the pikey oh its still as a 1.0 on the logbook lol. so might stick with this engine and simple things like i had planned at first? only really need the inlet (180 for an style one) and a good induction system and im there! and live with it be a nippy 1400

MattBrown
15-04-10, 11:35 AM
oh fair enough cheers for that guys, id like an xe but couldnt afford to run it/insure it/ tax it, as im not doing the pikey oh its still as a 1.0 on the logbook lol. so might stick with this engine and simple things like i had planned at first? only really need the inlet (180 for an style one) and a good induction system and im there! and live with it be a nippy 1400

Ban loominglol

peester
15-04-10, 11:49 AM
Sounds a bit mean but my advice is to visit corsa sport or any corsa b and c -only sites in general..
I found out loads about small block tuning on there- as they tend to stick to those equipped engines
The engines here- with us converting engines rather than tunning also its so broad with engines 1.0 - 2.5's in size going in, mostly in standard form..