PDA

View Full Version : x16xe driving me mad wont start

ste porter
13-04-10, 07:21 PM
will an x16xe not start if the vss isnt present?
i have the 1.6 in and everything is as it should be wiring wise but all i get when i turn the ignition on is the eml light flashing constant?

the chip engine ecu transponer ect has all come out of a running car and its all in and im fairly certain wired in correct but just will not fire up the only thing that i havent got yet is a speed sensor but i have wired the standard one from the corsa box in for the time beeing to try and help the situation.

what does it mean when the engine managment light flashes constant?
should the chip be inside the ring out side it?

any info asap would be great as im realy getting stressed with it now

Southie
13-04-10, 07:26 PM
When it's constantly flashing it's usually not seeing the chip in the key. Have you wired in the transponder and tried the old ignition key resting inside it, they can be tricky.

It should still fire without the vss.

General Baxter
13-04-10, 07:27 PM
with out a VSS all it will do it cut out when you dip the clutch, so its not that

Adam
13-04-10, 07:43 PM
Tenner says its just the transponder pickup not wired correctly or something.
Have you got the ignition and earth at the pickup?
There should be 2 blue/red wires on the pickup, try swapping them because one is TO the pickup and the other is FROM the pickup to the ecu.

It'll start without the vss, flashing ecu light is 100% immobiliser problem.

Chip just needs to be close/inside to the black plastic pickup ring.

ste porter
13-04-10, 07:48 PM
everything is right the only thing i havent tryed is swoping the 2 red and blue wires round will nip back up the work shop in a min and try it

i did think it would strt without the vss but i thought its not going to hurt to try the old one wired in aswell

will it defenatly not start it the 2 blue and red wires are the wrong way round because thats the only thing i can think of now

Adam
13-04-10, 07:52 PM
Im 99% sure with those wires the wrong way on the pickup it wont start.

One is the signal from the VSS to the pickup, and the other is the signal from the pickup to the ecu..... (the ecu shares the wire for the immobiliser "off" signal and the speed signal)
So with the wires connected wrong it will be sending the "off" signal down the wrong wire and not to the ecu.

Thats assuming it is wired in as it should be :)

ste porter
13-04-10, 07:54 PM
spot on mate will go try that now thanks steve

AlexW
13-04-10, 10:26 PM
Move the chip around inside the transponder too, Mine only works in some places, funked around with it for ages after i had the dash out as i couldnt get it to sit in the right place.

ste porter
13-04-10, 11:12 PM
sorted them wires were the wrong way round i couldnt see how you could get them wrong with it only beeing a feed through to the ecu and the wires are the same but it works now though so must have been thanks

Adam
13-04-10, 11:50 PM
Its because the immob barrel is trying to switch "tell" the ecu to switch the immobiliser off down the wrong wire.... :)

Glad its sorted for you.

Damo
14-04-10, 09:17 AM
yea glad you sorted it ste.