PDA

View Full Version : x14xe/x16xe guru's needed here...

comptoncj
13-04-10, 01:57 PM
A friend of mine has swapped a x14 for a x16 in a corsa sport, but before he swapped the engine it developed a fault that every time you revved it up it just cut out and wouldnt idle... He's had the 1600 fitted and its still got the same problem and also will not rev over 4000 revs. Its had a new crank sensor TPS and ICV.

any ideas

Cheers

AlexW
13-04-10, 06:02 PM
I presume hes changed the ECU etc?

If not that could be the problem.

Otherwise i may be tempted to say a fuel problem, fuel filter maybe? Not sure TBH

comptoncj
13-04-10, 06:04 PM
Well he has changed the ECU, loom, Crank sensor, TPS, ICV, could the EGR valve cause this?? I know they suffer with EGR valve problems may be worth a try ?

AlexW
13-04-10, 06:17 PM
Doubt EGR would cause that, I know they always seem to have different things though.

Thinking about it more, Cam sensor i think would cause it to hit a rev limit at 4000 rpm. Somebody else will prob be able to help more than me though.

comptoncj
13-04-10, 06:36 PM
Hmm might try that ive got a couple of spare engines to swap bits over, think i might jack it up and change the fuel filter to be sure because dare bet it hasn't had one since new lol. Just seems strange how the problem has stayed when the engine and managment has been changed. Im waiting for a reply from him as to whether the EGR valve is the one out of his old engine.