PDA

View Full Version : Differecne between subs and bass tubes?

First time modder
23-04-03, 12:19 PM
whats the difference between subs and bass tubes?

Jules
23-04-03, 03:51 PM
Bass tube - Avaliable in different sizes (diameter and length), usually pre-fabricated tubes with a sub stuffed in the end, most come with on-board amp so you just need to run power and signal leads to it to get it to work - Sound OK if you get one of the more well known branded ones.

Sub - Big fapping speaker which delivers bass notes, normally inserted it to a box which would either be ported (Has a tube going inside it to allow the sub air to move) or sealed (errr which doesn't have a hole in it) depending upon the specifactions of the sub(woofer) in question. Generally provide a better sound than a bass-tube as long as it's in the correct type and size of box and is powered by an amp of correct rating.

Make any sense? Nope, me neither!!!
:lol:

Nova-Boy
24-04-03, 10:26 AM
I would say that was a very good answer. I thought somene would just say one in a tube one in a box!

Jules may be new on the scene but he seems to know his stuff on ICE!

Jules
24-04-03, 01:01 PM
Not really new on the scene - been in to Nova's (And Vauxhall for many years!!), Was a registered member of NovaLoad ages ago but never posted - just stood quietly on the sidelines and read all your postings (STALKER ALERT!!). Like i mentioned, I already know some of the more regular posters (Ste_Sa, Mike Oxford, C Tunnicliffe, K Robinson, Ian Storey and probably a few more that I've forgotten about!!)

I know enough about ICE to get by, not a great follower of new ICE stuff but I know what I like and I like what I know!!!
:D

Stuart
24-04-03, 03:06 PM
good luck jules i bet your now gonna get a shed load of post saking for help. btw it will be the same questions over and over and over again. hence why i gave up lol