PDA

View Full Version : Managment

RV8
12-04-10, 09:09 PM
Hi all, i want to be pointed in the right direction about finding a good ecu management system for a vauxhall c20xe redtop engine. It will be used for drag racing so ideally want a boost controller, anti lag, launch controll etc programmed in...whats out there?

Stuart
12-04-10, 09:11 PM
Who will be setting it up?

The ECU is only as good as the person mapping it. So find someone you want to map the engine, then see what management they recomend/can use etc.

They are all much of a muchness when it comes to the basics of running an engine

muzzy
12-04-10, 09:12 PM
You probably want need the boost controller or anti-lag for the C20XE

RV8
12-04-10, 09:28 PM
Who will be setting it up?

The ECU is only as good as the person mapping it. So find someone you want to map the engine, then see what management they recomend/can use etc.

They are all much of a muchness when it comes to the basics of running an engine

cheers but just need a general idea though, who would you recomend for mapping it? Any good websites with managment for sale on there?

Stuart
12-04-10, 09:35 PM
where in the UK are you?

Track and Road in Rainham, essex are damn good at what they do. MAD are also great.

ECU's
Motec
DTA
MBE
Autronic
Wolf
Megaqsuirt (if you must)
and many more

RV8
12-04-10, 09:44 PM
In birmingham...cheers though mate, will look some of them up!

Stuart
12-04-10, 09:45 PM
Dont take this the wrong way, but do you know what the hell you are looking at with ECU's with regards to what you think you want from it?

You say an XE, then about drag use (thats irrelevant to the spec requirements imho) and then on about boost/anti-lag etc so you might be putting a turbo on.... help us out as much as you can please

RV8
12-04-10, 09:59 PM
Dont take this the wrong way, but do you know what the hell you are looking at with ECU's with regards to what you think you want from it?

You say an XE, then about drag use (thats irrelevant to the spec requirements imho) and then on about boost/anti-lag etc so you might be putting a turbo on.... help us out as much as you can please

Just wanted some idea where to turn too thats all regarding good management, and all your experience...i know abit yes, im asking for my mate who doesnt have acess to the net, he has a 5 door corsa with a redtop turbo, previously ran a best of 13.5@107mph on a standard astra GTE ECU..now looking for a turbo ECU and management..youve answered my uestion though stuart, cheers...i seen megasquirt before asking on here, but was really looking for opinions. thanks.

Stuart
12-04-10, 10:03 PM
if its just a drag car then I'd use an MBC (manual boost controller AKA a Dawes Device) and not have to worry about controlling it with the ecu... takes a big chunk of cost and complexity out

RV8
12-04-10, 10:14 PM
cheers for the replys,just wanted to browse the net at a few different systems thats all! nice one.