PDA

View Full Version : aux belt trouble

breedie87
12-04-10, 07:55 PM
weired one ere i got a late 20xe engine with the multi v belt set up ive got rid of the powersteering and the tensioner so i can just run it like an old v belt ive measured it i need a belt about 23" will it fail the chassis ive never put one in a nova before thanks rob

Lee
12-04-10, 08:13 PM
You'll need a single V pulley to clear the inner wing, either buy one or get yours machines properly. DOnt be tempted to grind it off yourself, it'll end up unbalanced and eventually wear out the bottom end.

breedie87
12-04-10, 08:20 PM
You'll need a single V pulley to clear the inner wing, either buy one or get yours machines properly. DOnt be tempted to grind it off yourself, it'll end up unbalanced and eventually wear out the bottom end.
for some reason mine has only got 4 bolts holding the bottom pully on , i would buy one off ebay but mine dont have 6 what u recon is it because mine is a later engine

Lee
12-04-10, 08:23 PM
for some reason mine has only got 4 bolts holding the bottom pully on , i would buy one off ebay but mine dont have 6 what u recon is it because mine is a later engine

Sure its an XE and not an 8v?

breedie87
12-04-10, 08:35 PM
Sure its an XE and not an 8v?
yeah lol my mate said an 8v single v may fit it because it 4 bolt

Lee
12-04-10, 08:39 PM
Must have been rebuilt onto an 8v bottom end in the past then.