PDA

View Full Version : Whats everyones prep for pv?

Novaboyleon
11-04-10, 10:23 PM
Right, i know most of us will all have abit of work to do on our novas for pv time. just wondered what everyone has still got to do if anything and what state your cars are in now if you are attending and are going to show it.

ive only got a few things to do to my gte, nothing major unless a buy new parts and need them fitted.

Andy
11-04-10, 10:29 PM
paint bay,fit engine and other parts removed,fit polybushes,make exhaust,new discs and pads.Thrash the cunnt off it lol

Novaboyleon
11-04-10, 10:33 PM
lol sounds good. i got to get wheel refurbed, get some new center caps, find a cage and fit it, get 4 branch manifold extended and fitted. full service and new discs and pads. shouldnt be too bad if all goes to plan. I know my mate daves got his work cut out!

Jack
11-04-10, 11:53 PM
PV? Buy some earplugs and a shotgun.

burgo
12-04-10, 12:10 AM
isnt there already a thread like this

markc20xe
12-04-10, 12:24 AM
put my redtop in then do the rear arches, then get the rear bumper off due to some1 smoothing it to the body work lol all on my 1.2 merit

CoolTiger
12-04-10, 12:45 AM
fill 106 with petrol

MattBrown
12-04-10, 12:57 AM
Help fill adams 106 with petrol, and sit next to him:)

markc20xe
12-04-10, 01:07 AM
lol

Edd
12-04-10, 11:04 AM
fill up, drive in the opposite way to pv, have a nice relaxing day knowing your nova is safe and not surrounded by chavs

Royston
12-04-10, 12:15 PM
fill up, drive in the opposite way to pv, have a nice relaxing day knowing your nova is safe and not surrounded by chavs

So Right:thumb:

GRUNT 16V
12-04-10, 01:07 PM
fill up, drive in the opposite way to pv, have a nice relaxing day knowing your nova is safe and not surrounded by chavs i fooking hate chavs !!!!!!!!!!

Mattman
12-04-10, 01:32 PM
My plans are to stay in Scotland that weekend. Wouldn't mind a trip down for the Sunday but not prepared to be met with the same farce as 2009.

pikey1986
12-04-10, 02:42 PM
i wanted mine done for next month but sheer lazyness and the fact me mrs wanted me to re-decorate MY bedroom in MY house that she occasionally stops in my funds had to go elseware(sp) lol

on a lighter note ive only got to find a decent engine, gearbox, cv joints/shafts, weld the bay and mounts to have her roadworthy

blue_peg_16v
12-04-10, 02:44 PM
take wheels off the car so i cant go

NovaLad
12-04-10, 02:52 PM
Well this year mite be the 1st year i'll be going in my life as i've just been talking to nova_pip about maybe tagging along with him for the weekend if i can't get the dads Zafira for the weekend lol.

Need to ask the GF if she wants to go with 1st then i'll work on from that.

All the hype i've heard about how good PVS is over the years i hope it is actually good.

Can't believe though that as soon as i mite be going i don't have my own car for the 1st time. :(

dj_wudgey
12-04-10, 02:58 PM
ive done two much but ill list when its done lol!

Southie
12-04-10, 03:59 PM
Done none as I aint going.

vaughanmc
12-04-10, 03:59 PM
Done none as I aint going.

Seconded :)

burgo
12-04-10, 05:07 PM
i had a little chat with the pv staff on facebook

Luke Burgess (http://www.facebook.com/theburgo) **** whats on, are the fields gonna be sorted this year

Performance Vauxhall Car Show: The Official Page (http://www.facebook.com/PerformanceVauxhall) Unfortunately we can't control the weather but we are working on the fields!

Luke Burgess (http://www.facebook.com/theburgo) i appreciate your not mother nature but its been rumoured for years now that santa pod were going to lay roadways around the fields. the amount of shows you put on there you have a hell of alot more power than joe public to push them into doing this. i have been to pv for the past 5 years and camped over however i wont be coming this year unless something is done about the fields, which is a shame as ive always enjoyed it and the nova estate should but finished properly this year

Performance Vauxhall Car Show: The Official Page (http://www.facebook.com/PerformanceVauxhall) We know that this has been a source of frustration for visitors over the last few years and are working with Santa Pod to make improvements. We went up to there a couple of weeks ago to check on the progress and can confirm that they have started laying the spine roads in the camping field so it's definitely not just rumours this year!

Luke Burgess (http://www.facebook.com/theburgo) well that is all it needs and will make a massive improvement :D good to see they are finally listening to average joe. ill have to re think my decision about camping at pv then

Performance Vauxhall Car Show: The Official Page (http://www.facebook.com/PerformanceVauxhall) Good news Luke - we do our best to listen to you guys and give you what you want! Hope to see you there!

NovaLad
12-04-10, 05:12 PM
As a 'maybe' 1st timer at PVS this year what should i take with me? With me not knowing what it's like please could someone help. :)

burgo
12-04-10, 05:13 PM
ear plugs and wellies

NovaLad
12-04-10, 05:17 PM
Which is the show that everyone goes on about getting sun burnt at then?

burgo
12-04-10, 05:26 PM
yes its pv!! just cos its raining doesnt mean you cant get sun burnt lol

Mike
12-04-10, 05:30 PM
lol lol my prep for PV lol lol erm, hmmm, er........none.

Get up late, arrive late, ram my way thru silly deep mud pools bladdering everyone elses show cars (normally a line of Glacier white Corsa B GSi's like last year lol) an er dump the car an go walk about. Crash out in Baxters tent, burn plastic forks, eat microwave curries and not much else really.

Might think about weshing the car a few weeks before PV tho.

mowgli
12-04-10, 05:37 PM
/\ 50p says there are nowhere near enough roadways, and where they are put makes big puddles cos they are simply some road planings spread out on the top, like every other venue

Plug
12-04-10, 05:40 PM
sounds promising burgo

Mike
12-04-10, 05:41 PM
/\ 50p says there are nowhere near enough roadways, and where they are put makes big puddles cos they are simply some road planings spread out on the top, like every other venue

A couple of tonne of crush spread about using wheel barrows lol lol lol lol

Jack
12-04-10, 07:50 PM
All the hype i've heard about how good PVS is over the years i hope it is actually good.
Disappointment ahead lol

Benn
12-04-10, 08:44 PM
Strip car to clean every inch.
Put after sun in the fridge,
Freeze bottle of drink, so it stays cool.

Stuart
12-04-10, 08:51 PM
erm, to have a lie in that day :)

John
12-04-10, 09:13 PM
erm, to have a lie in that day :)

sounds like a good plan stuart! lol

Stuart
12-04-10, 09:16 PM
sounds like a good plan stuart! lol

wanna join me? lol

John
12-04-10, 09:17 PM
Thought pv was the night for you and baxter! lol

Stuart
12-04-10, 09:23 PM
Nahh thats Billing (big PNG orgy), I shall be having a lie in, in my own bed at home and not going near Poddington

djbrowney
12-04-10, 09:30 PM
make sure the missus has a slash before we leave the house, get's on my tit stoping for the toilet lol

John
12-04-10, 09:32 PM
Nahh thats Billing (big PNG orgy), I shall be having a lie in, in my own bed at home and not going near Poddington

Shall have attend billing then! lol

Benn
12-04-10, 10:00 PM
make sure the missus has a slash before we leave the house, get's on my tit stoping for the toilet lol
lol lol legend.

Pistol Pete
12-04-10, 10:03 PM
Have heard mixed reviews of PV so i shall give it a miss. lol like i do for most shows most years!!! Might come for a day out to Billing.

Mike
12-04-10, 10:10 PM
Have heard mixed reviews of PV so i shall give it a miss. lol like i do for most shows most years!!! Might come for a day out to Billing.

Basically, you need to be prepared to eat complete junk, drink loads, stay up until early o'clock, get next to no sleep & then get sunburn. For two whole, british days.

nova1992
12-04-10, 10:11 PM
Pass my test. lol

Trendall
12-04-10, 10:30 PM
im guessing not many people go to PV then??? well this will be my 4th year going always got sunburnt and its been great apart from the que. i always drive up on the day or night before sleep in the car and in to pod first thing. love it each year feel sorry for the people camping tho. but just think of it as glastonbury but with cars. ;)

mowgli
12-04-10, 10:36 PM
im guessing not many people go to PV then??? well this will be my 4th year going always got sunburnt and its been great apart from the que. i always drive up on the day or night before sleep in the car and in to pod first thing. love it each year feel sorry for the people camping tho. but just think of it as glastonbury but with cars. ;)

chavstock more like........i've never heard a proper good report about the place, i've been there for other events & it is crap... a tunnel under the track would be a brilliant addition for a start, then multiple entrance/exit gates & maybe a decent road in & out

Trendall
12-04-10, 10:48 PM
chavstock more like........i've never heard a proper good report about the place, i've been there for other events & it is crap... a tunnel under the track would be a brilliant addition for a start, then multiple entrance/exit gates & maybe a decent road in & out

yeah true it would be better if there were more entrance's tunnel under?? maybe a bridge over the top get some good pictures that way. i always enjoyed but then again its what you make it really. $15 for 3 runs on the track get your times and a picture. see a few good cars. i have never been for anything else apart from pvs but hey i dont mind if its crap. get a great sun tan lol

mowgli
12-04-10, 10:49 PM
can't have a bridge in case a top fuel dragster flipped & hit it

Trendall
12-04-10, 10:52 PM
i never thought of that....:(. well im going this year again so if anyone is coming up let ill see ya there. hope to have you on the track next to me in my little 1.2nova flair (if it ever gets dropped off)

Eck
12-04-10, 11:23 PM
I wish they'd revert back to the old system where the cars were up to 2007.

mowgli
12-04-10, 11:24 PM
I wish they'd revert back to the old system where the cars were up to 2007., where, a different venue????

Benn
13-04-10, 08:01 AM
Guessing him means on the other side of the strip^

NovaLad
13-04-10, 12:31 PM
Disappointment ahead lol
lol.

Spoke to the GF last night and she's up for coming aswell.
Looking at tents all last night think i've found a nice cheap 1 about 15 mile away in stockport :)

matt_vaughan
13-04-10, 12:41 PM
went last year for the saturday

- as an actual show was sh1t
- not particularly cheap to get in for the day
- too many ferkin corsa b's
- was i only one to think it was pretty small?
- wont be bothering again if it stays same

Trendall
13-04-10, 03:08 PM
lol.

Spoke to the GF last night and she's up for coming aswell.
Looking at tents all last night think i've found a nice cheap 1 about 15 mile away in stockport :)

well looks like its you and me. then mate ill see you up there my old mans going in his cavi redtop. if not then his signum. havnt seen it in years so should be good now. looking forward to see if my nova 1.2 can beat the times i posted last year in my 1.4 astra (4 speed....damn kids that cant drive)

Paul
13-04-10, 04:38 PM
Moan moan moan, as usual lol

Ernie
13-04-10, 04:48 PM
i intend to do the same as last year.
Have a nice time an put some pics up so i can see what went on.
I intend to stay inbed for the day again as gone far to much of a chav fest.
Have fun all.

Novaboyleon
13-04-10, 10:34 PM
i just hope i dont have swine flu again and it doesnt rain, apart from last year pv theyve all been spot on for me, good to meet new people and get your pride and joy to a show with a few of your friends who share the same interest as you. i like the prep for pv too.

Eck
13-04-10, 11:09 PM
Guessing him means on the other side of the strip^

I did, much better.

dj_wudgey
13-04-10, 11:34 PM
if i get mine finished ill post it up lol

Trendall
14-04-10, 03:17 PM
i just hope i dont have swine flu again and it doesnt rain, apart from last year pv theyve all been spot on for me, good to meet new people and get your pride and joy to a show with a few of your friends who share the same interest as you. i like the prep for pv too.

yeah it did suck a bit when it rained. but every year i have been it has been great weather mind tho i only go for the sunday. im closer to pv this year so should be alot better no 4 hour drive from cornwall first then traffic. nice and easy trip for me this year. get a few good pictures even get a photo for total vauxhall. (fingers crossed) everyone that says its a chav fest who cares go with your mate meet new people have fun get a tan. post a few times up on the strip. never know might surprise yourself's and have fun.

Mike
14-04-10, 03:19 PM
Im now hoping my new rims will be back from the machine shop intime to get them over to be refurb'd/painted & get some tyres & balancing action on them!!

There due to arrive here on May 27th :S

Benn
14-04-10, 07:07 PM
^ :( i want new rims.

Mike
14-04-10, 10:09 PM
^ :( i want new rims.

Ill send you a pic of my rim to cheer you up :)

Benn
14-04-10, 10:24 PM
I'm moist at the thought.

NovaLad
21-04-10, 10:40 PM
I've had a good day today getting a new tent and a new blow up double ish bed with double sleeping bag for me and the misses so we have plenty of comfort:)

The Tent - http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/t3-35289244/ got a 3 man so we have more than enough room rather than being cramped.
The Blow up bed/double sleeping bag - http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/sleepin-bed-camp-2p-140-grey-113788834/#

Obviously i'm getting a few other bits.

Then got home and had a few words with the father and i've talked him into letting me take the Zafira for the weekend instead of going in nova_pip's Corsa B because well let's face it i can get alot more in the Zafira and it's much less hassle when you can drive yourself if you're into driving :)
This has brought a load off my head because before i had to watch how much i took :)
Now i'm digging out the cooling box etc... haha!

I really don't care if it rains or not now because i think it will be a good weekend.

I'm sure Baxter will pick off the chavs 1 by 1 anyway for us :)