PDA

View Full Version : Brake lines.

Pistol Pete
11-04-10, 09:36 AM
These are same for ALL Novas, yes?? Its just that i ordered these (http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=85_1923_1212_1337&products_id=10012) and they dont fit. I have the regulator valves for the rears (i assume all Novas have these) so 1 rear line and 1 font line must have a larger union fitting. But they are all the same size??!!

Anyone shed any light.

let_nova
11-04-10, 09:42 AM
regulator valve?

phazer
11-04-10, 09:43 AM
Yes the lines have different size fitting so you can't fail to get the diagonal split.

One front union is M10 the other is M12, same for the rears though opposite to the union on the front. If that makes sense lol

Pistol Pete
11-04-10, 09:48 AM
regulator valve?

Yes. Regulator valve. Stops the rears locking up.

Yes the lines have different size fitting so you can't fail to get the diagonal split.

One front union is M10 the other is M12, same for the rears though opposite to the union on the front. If that makes sense

Yeah makes perfect sense!!! The lines i have, have no M12 unions. They are all M10 :roll: Hmmm, an email to rally design is in order then. This setup (M10/M12) is used on all Novas then? I know the lines are for 83 onwards (mines a 93) but i guessed that they didnt change.

EDIT: which lines should have the larger M12 unions?

phazer
11-04-10, 10:18 AM
Yes. Regulator valve. Stops the rears locking up.

Yeah makes perfect sense!!! The lines i have, have no M12 unions. They are all M10 :roll: Hmmm, an email to rally design is in order then. This setup (M10/M12) is used on all Novas then? I know the lines are for 83 onwards (mines a 93) but i guessed that they didnt change.

EDIT: which lines should have the larger M12 unions?

Mines a 93 but I thought all were the same too.

Just had a look, the bias valve for the rears closest to the the front of the car is M12, can't remember which side it goes too and I can't get under the car to see as it's too low! Obviously if you know which line this is the opposite side front is M12 too.

Pistol Pete
11-04-10, 10:31 AM
lol cheers. I stupidly threw out my old lines. Will have to have a search around.

Thanks for your help.

bazil
11-04-10, 10:39 AM
I bought the ends and copper pipe and made my own up, it's piss easy and cheaper that £70, I'm pretty sure I've got the ends you need if you can't get them I'll send you some lol

phazer
11-04-10, 12:34 PM
Made mine from scratch too. Two rolls of Cunifer (£12 each), decent flaring tool (£30), few new clips from from Vx (pence) and then about half a day to re-make the lines. Not a million miles away from the £70 but I have all of the tools to do the front lines when I get round to it.

Pistol Pete
12-04-10, 09:46 PM
Can anyone tell me which lines should have the M12 unions please. Going to ring Rally Design tomorrow and have a chat with them.

phazer
13-04-10, 12:11 PM
Managed to run my hand underneath to find out what runs where lol

Drivers front and passenger rear are both m12 (rear pressure reg is black on mine). Both unions are closest the front of the car.

Passenger front and drivers rear are m10.

Pistol Pete
13-04-10, 05:20 PM
Top man!! Rep left already.

Lee
13-04-10, 05:58 PM
Most decent autofactors will make you brake lines really cheap. My local will knock me up anything my heart desires while I wait. You're better off trying there than paying for off the shelf stuff.

Pistol Pete
13-04-10, 06:43 PM
Already paid for them Lee :( hence my post. Ah well, we live and learn!!

phazer
14-04-10, 12:00 AM
Top man!! Rep left already.

No worries and cheers :thumb:

Pistol Pete
30-04-10, 06:39 PM
Ok....fitted some of my lines today. Just been browsing Benns WIP thread and both his rears go to the compensators??!!

phazer
01-05-10, 10:26 AM
That's right, the compensators are for the rear brakes...Not sure what you're meaning?

Graeme
01-05-10, 10:30 AM
Could the ones you have bought not be for a bias pedal box, with them all having the same fittings? and not the standard sevo/m.c. set up?

Pistol Pete
01-05-10, 10:36 AM
That's right, the compensators are for the rear brakes...Not sure what you're meaning?

lol i think i have confused myself!!! Reeading back through, one of each should be M12. The compensators are M10 and M12.

Could the ones you have bought not be for a bias pedal box, with them all having the same fittings? and not the standard sevo/m.c. set up?

No.

If you look at the link from rally Design, it says for Nova 83>. I would have assumed that all Nova lines are the same!!

phazer
01-05-10, 10:43 AM
lol i think i have confused myself!!! Reeading back through, one of each should be M12. The compensators are M10 and M12.

Yes mate, that's right.