PDA

View Full Version : I am saving the planet

Jack
09-04-10, 08:36 PM
Started using the Nova again t'other day. Fixed the fuel leak, put some air in the tyres, took it out for a bit of a pootle. As I might be moving house soon, and future fuel usage was a corcern, I drove down to where I'm thinking of moving house to, filled up to the brim (and a little on the floor, whoops), drove to my place of work and back, then refilled and calculated my MPG.

Usually getting 25mpg, was aiming for around 28.

Got 35. LMFAO thats pretty much what my XE used to get.

So there you go, Jack's motoring tip of the day: if you want economy AND speed (but not cornering ability), fit a V6. :d

Iain
09-04-10, 08:37 PM
So you drove somewhere you didn't really need to go to, and got good MPG, to save the planet? lol

Lee
09-04-10, 08:38 PM
LMFAO, and thats with no Lambdas as well lol lol

sulphur
09-04-10, 08:40 PM
v6 FTW!!! :thumb:

daleNOVAbrennan
09-04-10, 08:47 PM
Started using the Nova again t'other day. Fixed the fuel leak, put some air in the tyres, took it out for a bit of a pootle. As I might be moving house soon, and future fuel usage was a corcern, I drove down to where I'm thinking of moving house to, filled up to the brim (and a little on the floor, whoops), drove to my place of work and back, then refilled and calculated my MPG.

Usually getting 25mpg, was aiming for around 28.

Got 35. LMFAO thats pretty much what my XE used to get.

So there you go, Jack's motoring tip of the day: if you want economy AND speed (but not cornering ability), fit a V6. :d
if there was a 'top tip for the day' section this would be it. v6=economy superb lol

General Baxter
09-04-10, 08:50 PM
, put some air in the tyres,

so you started doing that at 9am, with them size tyres was it ready to go around 4pm?

mowgli
09-04-10, 08:58 PM
this place is starting to worry me.....jack is saving the planet.........i looked at baxters car the other night & he managed to fit an xe safely..... mike nearly bought another nova...... if it carries on like this, we'll all be doomed

Pistol Pete
09-04-10, 09:50 PM
so you started doing that at 9am, with them size tyres was it ready to go around 4pm?

LMFAO!!!

Jon_nova1
09-04-10, 09:54 PM
So you drove somewhere you didn't really need to go to, and got good MPG, to save the planet? lol

What he said, you managed to burn enough fuel to calculate you can get 35MPG, how many carbon dixodes did you release into the atmosphere?lol

Spudly
09-04-10, 09:56 PM
Who really gives a snot, it will have still been a bazillion times less than the amount given out building/producing a toymota prius :p

blue_peg_16v
09-04-10, 10:06 PM
ohi there may be a use for my spare v6 after all lol

Jack
09-04-10, 10:59 PM
LMFAO, and thats with no Lambdas as well lol lol
Didn't get any flames out the exhaust on this trip, I was being careful! I'm all about economy and the environment, me

As for the pointless trip thing, those few litres I put in my car, well they could have gone into another vehicle which gets 34mpg. Yeah! See? I was saving the fuel with my super-economy drive.