PDA

View Full Version : help electric windows! NOVA

Grey
09-04-10, 06:44 PM
need some help guys i have a 1.2 swing shell and my original shell was a sri with E/W and C/L.

the loom ive ripped out of sri nova as that is getting scrapped but my sri doors are on the swing. the swing is a basic model so it does not have E/W and C/L ive got the loom from both doors which go to the main loom but can i attach this to the swing loom any way?? also is there a wire diagram i could get hold of anywhere? haines? Vauxhall dealer? please help:(

Thanks!!

Iain
09-04-10, 07:06 PM
CL and EW loom has a red and black, so you can connect them to the Swing fusebox to get them to work.

AlexW
09-04-10, 07:55 PM
^Yeah, you might have to run a wire or two, but i dont think you will on a mk2.

Earth screw hole is in the centre too.

DW-Nova
09-04-10, 09:15 PM
As above it should go straight into your fusebox, the haines manual dose have wiring diagrams if you get into any problems though.

MattBrown
09-04-10, 10:09 PM
Haynes manuals are propper diagrams though, so if your not into wiring, I doubt youll understand them lol

Best thing to do, would be have a look at someone elses, or even better, get someone to help you

Lie the loom on the floor, set it all out, how it should be, then carry it over to the car like this, the hole is already there with a "Thread" in it under the centre carpet, and theres a red and black, red is + black is -

Grey
10-04-10, 11:36 AM
2 red wires were previously in the fuse box on the sri before i pulled them out. and also earths were screwed near to hole where wires go through to the door but possibly could be something else lol bad thing is my alarm proper messy :mad: getting mark bowman suffolk alarm systems to refit it to swing. so i take it i just need to copy that then as many of you agree with the fuse box idea? im not the greatest with wireing but if i know what im looking at im fine lol

brainsnova
10-04-10, 12:14 PM
the cl and ew loom is one piece all taped together and why not redo the alarm yourself as the 2 novas are the pretty much the same wiring as far as an alarm getting fitted goes.

Grey
10-04-10, 12:28 PM
the cl and ew loom is one piece all taped together and why not redo the alarm yourself as the 2 novas are the pretty much the same wiring as far as an alarm getting fitted goes.

ill get some pictures up later so yuo can see what i can see.:)