PDA

View Full Version : clocks wiring

swedge
08-04-10, 04:49 PM
just got myself some new clocks as my 1.0 clocks don't have a rev counter

i think they are sr clocks they have the revs on one side and speedo on the other with volts fuel oil pressure and temp in the middle

i had a look Bt the digi dash diagram to get the diagram so i know what wire is what but my new clocks don't have a green wire for the revs and i also have a brown and yellow left over

anyone have i diagram for the clocks

mowgli
08-04-10, 05:11 PM
the green wire simply goes to the coil and it fits on a spade connector on the back. the other is probably the oil gauge one.. that might be tricky to sort out...you need a 2 pin sender/switch & i don't know if a 1.0 had one ever

swedge
08-04-10, 07:45 PM
the brown and yellow was for the engine management light

im stuck with the brown wire now is it just an earth or is it the for the volt meter

Jack
08-04-10, 08:12 PM
Yeah, brown is earth.

Lee
08-04-10, 08:13 PM
Brown wire will be an earth.

If you have 4 small dials in the middle, they're GSi clocks. SR clocks only have two dials (fuel and temp), and the other two are just lights.

mowgli
08-04-10, 08:43 PM
the brown and yellow was for the engine management light

im stuck with the brown wire now is it just an earth or is it the for the volt meter

use it for the manual choke light......

swedge
08-04-10, 08:46 PM
how do you mean use it as the choke light as im fitting a c14se with no manual choke

how do i connect up the volt meter

Lee
08-04-10, 08:48 PM
There's a spade connector behind the voltmeter. Connect it to switched live.

mowgli
08-04-10, 08:52 PM
how do you mean use it as the choke light as im fitting a c14se with no manual choke

my bad..... i read the 1.0 in the first post & thought thats what you were running

swedge
08-04-10, 09:19 PM
how many spade connectors should there be as i only have connections for Revs and oil pressure

mowgli
08-04-10, 09:53 PM
there are only 2. the ecu light wire does replace the choke light wire on the block connector

swedge
17-04-10, 10:21 AM
should there be a spade connector for the fuel Guage as mine isn't working, it didn't work on the 1.0 clocks either i have also changed the tank and sender