PDA

View Full Version : Nova red colours?

Damo
07-04-10, 10:04 PM
How many different reds were on novas?

Ive just fitted some early mk1 doors on my k reg mk2 and thay seen to be a lighter shade of red than the rest of the car now i have thought with them being red thay could have faded but with them being early doors they could be a different shade of red?

Any gen on this guys?

Damo.

vaughanmc
07-04-10, 10:06 PM
Carmine Red
Flame Red
Mexico Red

craig green
07-04-10, 10:06 PM
The 2 main Reds were carmine Red on early cars upto G reg(ish) IIRC. And Flame Red which was used on many Vauxhall cars Afterwards upto only a few years ago.

Thats assuming you mean the bright/sporty Reds. There were many other darker or metallic shades etc.

Damo
07-04-10, 10:14 PM
I think the doors were off a c or d reg so could be either im going to have to try giving them a compound up to see if they brigthen up a bit i think.

Cheers for the quick response craig.

Damo
07-04-10, 10:16 PM
Carmine Red
Flame Red
Mexico Red

Cheers vaughan theres not a great difference in the shade in some lights it looks the same in others it looks lighter think it may be just faded tbh just wondered how many different colours there were as they off a c or d reg mk1 i think.

vaughanmc
07-04-10, 10:31 PM
C/D reg will be Carmine Red mate - Your Mk2 Nova will be Flame Red

Carmine is usually a wee bit darker than Flame...

Damo
07-04-10, 10:36 PM
C/D reg will be Carmine Red mate - Your Mk2 Nova will be Flame Red

Carmine is usually a wee bit darker than Flame...

This seems lighter tbh vaughan my original paint is well polished up though so that may be why! all have to try a good compounding and se if that works if not they will have to be sprayed up.