PDA

View Full Version : Handed my notice in........

jkhilton
22-04-03, 03:41 PM
That's it, I have had enough of living down south and am moving back to where the skies are grey and the rivers are full of mucky shite, Manchester!!! :) aaaaaahhhhh the north...

Seiously though, I have finally handed my notice in down here and will be unemployed in a months time. It's a major relief to me that I have finally done it, living in Milton Keynes has been depressing me and I had to get out!!

so if anyone knows of any IT jobs going or knows any companies that could do with some IT support let me know.

cheers

John

Fester
22-04-03, 03:45 PM
you were brave faring the uncharted territory of the shandy drinking cants, but the north would win out a true winner as normal!

take note southerners - you have been shunned!

----

edited to correct typo

wisewood
22-04-03, 03:45 PM
dont know mate but i know someone who works at the job centre and has access to national database so will have a word if you want see if she can find anything in manchester for ya.

jkhilton
22-04-03, 03:48 PM
lmao @ shunning southerners, not quite, just Milton Keynes!!! :)

Wise, I am registered with loads of IT agencies in Manchester at the moment anyway, so hopefully something will come from that, but if you do hear anything, that would be great if you could let me know.

cheers

linzTDI
22-04-03, 03:52 PM
The place i work for has a big office in manchester.

Keep a look out for jobs for AQa as they have quite a big It section

Jim
22-04-03, 04:15 PM
fookin hell John, makes it sound like you've hated every moment of MK and everything about MK :|

This happens to be where some of us now live :| I'm sorry you've not enjoyed it.

Jim

Fester
22-04-03, 04:21 PM
sometimes stuff just doesnt happen i spose. when i went to sheffield in 2001 it never happened AT ALL lol was back after 2 months

maybe another time in another situation all will work out, but i know this - theres no point staying/doing something if youll be happier elsewhere and thats the bottom line really i think

jkhilton
22-04-03, 04:25 PM
fookin hell John, makes it sound like you've hated every moment of MK and everything about MK :|

This happens to be where some of us now live :| I'm sorry you've not enjoyed it.

Jim

Sorry Jim, I didn't mean it to sound like that. The difference for me is that I dont have a history down here or living with my girlfriend. There are certain things I like down here(some of the adverturous ladies, but one of them even moved to Manchester!)

It's like Fester said, different time, maybe it would have been better, but I just dont feel settled down here and would like to get back to Manchester.

kevw
22-04-03, 04:30 PM
theres nothing wrong with Wales, not where I live anyway...

wisewood
22-04-03, 04:33 PM
Fester is right, you cant stay somewhere you aint happy in the hope that one day something will happen and make it better...

I aint happy around here anymore, dont really know why - and i bene here all my life, so i am planning on moving somewhere else in the next 12 months hopefully.

Fester
22-04-03, 04:35 PM
Fester is right

holy shit im printing that off

i want a house too - my own house

locky
22-04-03, 04:38 PM
could be worse
it could be wales :o

Wait till i see u next Micky! :twisted: :lol:

Rick Draper
22-04-03, 05:01 PM
lol does this mean you will finish off your valver John! :lol: Rick

jkhilton
22-04-03, 05:06 PM
lol does this mean you will finish off your valver John! :lol: Rick

yeah, where did I leave it again!?!?!? lmao

Stuart
22-04-03, 05:53 PM
hmm wales such a nice place lol. when i got back last nite port talbot was on fire lmao

kevw
22-04-03, 06:11 PM
lmao, I hope you put it out!

techie
22-04-03, 06:52 PM

Jim

Hear Hear.

But seriously all the beat and I hope your happy oop there.

Ross

CP
22-04-03, 07:37 PM
Obviously not enough grime and crime down here for you lol -we'll let you off this time JK - just as long as you remain true to the house of Novas :lol:

As Micky says it could be worse :lol:

RobIsGrt18
22-04-03, 10:33 PM
hey john mk aint that bad m8 :P !!

but if ya unhappy where u are then its best to move on.

....back to monkey land then, haha :P :P !!

locky
22-04-03, 10:43 PM
hmm wales such a nice place lol. when i got back last nite port talbot was on fire lmao

Theres regularly a fire round there! usually burnt out cars, or steelwork furnaces :?

I wouldnt leave cardiff tbh, its ok down here, i dont live far from the shity, i mean city!

mikeoxford
22-04-03, 10:58 PM
good luck

jkhilton
24-04-03, 05:40 PM
Obviously not enough grime and crime down here for you lol -we'll let you off this time JK - just as long as you remain true to the house of Novas :lol:

As Micky says it could be worse :lol:

doh! sorry CP, I have become a traitor to the House of Novas, I have just bought an R reg 1.6 16v Astra sport from a mate for a very reasonable price.

jatinder
24-04-03, 05:42 PM
and u can take the engine out of that and put in ur next nova :D

Rick Draper
24-04-03, 07:04 PM
actualy im well happy where i am and couldnt see myself leaving geordie land

Thats cause no other **** can understand you LIKE :lol: Rick

Cara
24-04-03, 07:07 PM
back 2 the good ol north :D

jkhilton
24-04-03, 07:14 PM
back 2 the good ol north :D

Yep, I have spent alot of my weekends back up in Manchester anyway, so I figured why not move back, I miss the place and I dont really feel settled here, so why not move!! :)

only thing now is that I am thinking about going to Australia in January, but it's not definate yet, I am also considering South America aswell.

Cara
24-04-03, 07:18 PM
o0o0o0o go 4 it 8)

back 2 the north were things arent stupidly over priced :lol:

jkhilton
24-04-03, 07:20 PM
that is so true about the cost! for what I am paying in rent down here I could rent a house in Manchester and have all bills included!! down here I have a fairly nice apartment in the centre of MK, not to far from all the bars, but it costs a fortune!!

only one month to go now though and then I am back in the sunny northwest! :D :D :D

Euan
24-04-03, 08:02 PM
good luck mate.

you could do the job fully and just move to scotland!! :D