PDA

View Full Version : digi dash into nova

LewisJC
22-04-03, 02:26 PM
My car keeps snapping speedo cables, the clocks are running smooth, but it seems like the cable routing is particularly sensitive, and gets noisy and snaps if it's not quite right, so I feel like fitting a digi dash from an astra GTE,

Can anyone tell me if there are any pitfalls to this, what to look out for, is it easy to do etc. I've got Mk1, which I've read somewhere is easier to do.

Nova-Boy
22-04-03, 02:30 PM
If your gonna do a digi dash anyway then go ahead but it seem a little extreme to do this just to solve the speedo cable problem.

Where is your cable routed, what path does it take??

LewisJC
22-04-03, 03:15 PM
It seems to take the same route as any other nova I've seen, but if you twiddle the cable a bit it'll make a hell of a racket (sometimes) and then snaps. I'm hoping it's solved with a new cable outer, I'm just considering doing the digi dash thing if it keeps being a pain.

Nova-Boy
22-04-03, 03:34 PM
Have you got a standard speedo or one off a Sr etc with 6 clocks? If you have an Sr one you will need to route the cable slighlty differently than a standard one round the other side of a metal bracket behind the clocks.