PDA

View Full Version : Abount brands

Ibiza
22-04-03, 11:20 AM
Hi, well when i read posts in this forum i always see the same brands, sony, kenwood, pioneer, etc? i don?t know witch brands are available there cos i live in another country but here and in a lot of other forums from other countries, people don?t like this brands, for example, they say that sony is very good... for trinitron tv?s.. you know, with pioneer, the same, you have the P9 head unit and... nothing else... when you see the speakers or amps, you see brands as rockford, mb quark, audiotop, audiobahn, dls, hertz, impact, audiobank, genesis, focal, coral, boston, jl audio, etc, etc but they never use this ?comercial? brands for speakers or amps.

So i would like to know if this brands are not available there or if they are very expensive (i dont think so cos most of car stuff is cheaper there) cos i dont see them in the posts and if people dont speak about them it would be becouse they dont have them in their cars (i supose)... In other posts i see another brands that ive never seen here, as cliford or jackson... they may be british brands as here we have vieta or beyma (but when you remove the cover of the amp -for example- you see the typical ?made in china? as seen in much international brands).

That?s all :D and again.. sorry about my english

Jules
22-04-03, 12:50 PM
Genesis amps are excellent.

(Wow!! What a helpful post I just made!!)

ZuG
22-04-03, 09:34 PM
we are constantly slagging off sony :)
It is no different here, some people still buy sony etc because generally they dont know of the other makes superiority. Anybody who knows of other less general commecial makes will buy them.
Sony are an excellent brand, unfortunatly their ICE stuff lets them down.
In my car for example I have Alpine, Focal, Rockford fosgate, JL and power acoustik.
ICE is not cheap here, unlike in USA. Any ICE forum will not be supportive of Sony or the cheaper pioneer stuff, and will be exactly the same as other countries ICE forums.