PDA

View Full Version : Fire Extinguisher

mikeoxford
22-04-03, 01:36 AM
heres the choice: (in my preffered orders)

which one shall i get?
:arrow: Chrome
:arrow: Carbon Effect
:arrow: Anodised Red

also

where shall i put it?
:arrow: in the boot build
:arrow: on the front A pillar (passenger side)
:arrow: on the rear C pillar

Neil.
22-04-03, 01:39 AM
Chrome on A Passenger piller, mates got it like that, looks mint.

mikeoxford
22-04-03, 02:12 AM
other place i jus thought of was on the passenger side of the centre console, its either that or the boot i think, or the rear C pillar, going off the front pillar a bit

Nova-Boy
22-04-03, 09:01 AM
on my first nova i had mine on the passenger side of the centre console. It has to be Crome or red! Thats just the colour of fire extinguishers. Hope you will never have to use it!

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/335big5.jpg

Jules
22-04-03, 01:07 PM
On my old MK1 I mounted mine horizontally at the bottom of the dash where it meets the centre console (Just above the cassette holders).
And yes it should be red especially if you've got a red car!!
:D

Anton
22-04-03, 01:48 PM
there was one in a custom install in a 306 last night.

Was in between to subs and resprayed to look like a nos bottle. Looked awesome :D

Nova-Boy
22-04-03, 01:53 PM
You can buy them to look like a N0s bottle as standard but i think they are about ?300!!

Where you put it also depends on how big it is. I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it other than the passenger side center console. Didn't bother me, but dont know how much it got in the way for passengers.

mikeoxford
22-04-03, 10:32 PM
i got a mk2 so dont know how it will look flat along the left hand side of console.

methinks its either going in the boot or on the centre console now, there my two fave places.

and yes i can get them in chrome, carbon and red. not just red.

as for the NOS one being ?300 u sure it wasnt real?! LOL!

novaexplod
22-04-03, 11:21 PM
get a chrome one in the boot and get a nos sticker kit cos there is a nos kit that is chrome with the stickers on 8)

ade
23-04-03, 12:26 AM
what dash you got mike? Mk2 wot about just above the glove box on the little dip in bit - get some brackets
C pillar no good there - not in easy reach
A pillar passenger - mmm
Why not in the middle of the roof between passenger and driver - or doi yuo have a sunroof?

Nova-Flair
23-04-03, 01:18 AM
centre console methinks.

easy to reach.

dosent really get in the way of passengers.

looks quite good.

oh yeah u have to get it in chrome. nice upskirt mirror for when u have females in yer passenger seat :wink:

Wiggie
23-04-03, 10:01 AM
oh yeah u have to get it in chrome. nice upskirt mirror for when u have females in yer passenger seat :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: LOL!

mikeoxford
23-04-03, 12:45 PM
its for looks more than anything ade.

i do have a mk2

i dont particular fancy drilling holes in me dash and it wont have that clean look if i fit it there.

i think its either centre console or C pillar...........

elsey197
23-04-03, 02:54 PM
its for looks more than anything.

There is no point putting it in the boot then where you cant see it :!:

mikeoxford
23-04-03, 10:29 PM
its for looks more than anything.

There is no point putting it in the boot then where you cant see it :!:

true

but.................

its a boot install so at shows and the like the boot will be popped :wink:

i tink the centre console is best idea

Nova-Boy
24-04-03, 10:13 AM
Top idea. Go for centre console! Just hope you never have to use it! It would be easier to get to there than in the boot (unless your subs were on fire!!) :cry: