PDA

View Full Version : Ever wanted to show your car to its previous owner?

craig green
06-04-10, 02:33 PM
I often thought this whilst I had my GSi. When I purchased the car it was totally standard & had 2 previous owners, a woman had it new from Cardiff, then I gather a youngish chap from Reading got it. I know he part ex'd the Nova GSi for a Cavalier GSi as the dealers told me so.
So I guess this Dean Bond from Reading liked his Vauxhalls & I often wondered if he'd approve of all the mods I'd done (in taste I think). I only just sold the (remains) of the car, so it wasnt such a happy ending. lol

Jack
06-04-10, 02:35 PM
My sister owned my first hatch before me. The previous owner of the first saloon was dead, so I'd have a hard time showing it to him... and Rexy is on here so sees what the current saloon looks like.

The black V6 got made into a trailer lol

bazil
06-04-10, 02:59 PM
My gsi belonged to a member of here but I don't know if he was online as he was a member in 1999 of the original PNG, he'd probably cry if he saw all the rust lol

Southie
06-04-10, 03:13 PM
1st Nova was bought from my uncle. Went to scrap heaven in the end.

2nd Nova was bought off a Mate. Also went to scrap.

3rd Nova the guy died. Probably will be scrap lol

NovaLad
06-04-10, 03:16 PM
The Prev owner of my prev nova worked with me so he saw it being sold to me standard then when i passed he saw it at work parked outside everyday modded and being modded more over time. :)

I love it how when you tell the prev owner how much it's worth now how they are shocked and disagree... N00BS!

Lee
06-04-10, 04:41 PM
If I ever saw the previous owner of the blue one, id give him a slap seeing as his bodgery set fire to my dashboard lol

mowgli
06-04-10, 04:49 PM
I love it how when you tell the prev owner how much it's worth now how they are shocked and disagree... N00BS!

how does bolting loads of non standard things onto a nova increase its value???????

burgo
06-04-10, 04:53 PM
i to got my light blue one off rexton and i think he liked what i did with it. the estate came from dj shaggy's misses, i think she approves aswell :D

Bubba
06-04-10, 05:46 PM
i met the bloke who bought my first cav brand new from essex. he was quite impressed it had lasted and thought it looked nice

mowgli
06-04-10, 05:53 PM
well
no.1 grandparents sold me it..... both now rip
no.2 pillock that i got a write off gte from, he'd removed the vin plates & rang me up to see if i'd still got the glass...... as said, he's a pillock so don't want to meet
no.3 a pakistani gent from chesham, who fitted a low comp 1.3 (how i wish i'd kept that one) and generally bodged it up.... wouldn't want to meet him again
no.4 young lad i got a 3month t& t 1.2 from, broke it, made money... can't remember where he lived anyway
no.5 older lady from huntingdon..... i don't think she is an enthusiast as she had to give up driving cos of osteo-arthritis

dj_wudgey
06-04-10, 08:02 PM
ive allways fancied showing the lass i got my sr off it again!! and i fancied looking at her again lol

Benn
06-04-10, 08:42 PM
I'd love too, i pulled the Ford LX and Sporting badges off and left them in his front garden..lol He spend the whole time telling me all the work and time and money that was spend on the engine, didn't tell him i would be removing it the next day.

So would love to show him how much its changed.

Pistol Pete
06-04-10, 09:10 PM
The previous owner of my car sometimes comes on here. I think lol so he may see it.

draper
06-04-10, 09:21 PM
tbh i dont see the point, same as im not really bothered what the kid who bought the last nova i sold does with it

the only time ive been bothered was when the new owner crashed the old blue one on white comps i had but thats only because he owed me money still (and that worked out in my favour in the end anyway lol

bmw156
06-04-10, 09:24 PM
previous owners of the red nova, were some old lady my mum used to work for, then my brother, then my mate, then me... so i know all the owners.

and the golf. yeh i wish i could show the pervious owner all the small things i have fixed :D

Danny s-p
06-04-10, 10:26 PM
i got my previous one off dave dixson off here i think he approves off wat i am doing with it i hope he dose. and i met the owner off my saloon he came fly after me in Durham just to say hi and that my old loon take care of her.I think he wood be qwite peed off to fined out i hit a wall in it. and id like to fined the owner of my first nova. just to ask y he thort Lolly pop sticks wood hold it together

craig green
06-04-10, 10:28 PM
and the golf. yeh i wish i could show the pervious owner all the small things i have fixed :D

I dont think he'd care! lol no offence. :thumb:

Pete
06-04-10, 11:27 PM
the bloke who i got my Nova off only lives like 2 mins driving away from me. he drove past my house about 2 months after me getting it off him, and he disagreed with me apparently ruining it, i asked him how and he said it didnt look original :S i just agreed and let him go on his way, hes never said anything since and i see him drive past almost every day :thumb:

MK999
06-04-10, 11:53 PM
Euro SBD will be following the progress of mine on here I believe, and generally asks how it's going when I see him to sort parts etc :)

napalm_27
07-04-10, 12:16 AM
the lad i got my latest one off lives on the other side of town and was abit pissed when i told him that it was the ht leads being the wrong way round that stopped it from running lol
oh and that im putting a vxr engine in it lol

Rysee
07-04-10, 12:23 AM
My Nova used to belong to old people for 23 years, not sure how they'd react to how it is now, not least the ditch damage and crazy loud exhaust

staggy_gsi
07-04-10, 08:39 PM
id love to see the bloke i bought my gsi off.....

one word - majika - bodging cnut

John
07-04-10, 08:40 PM
id love to see the bloke i bought my gsi off.....

one word - majika - bodging cnut

That's who you bought your gsi off? Whatever hapened to him?

muzzy
07-04-10, 08:47 PM
I remember the long line of "mint" Nova's that were for sale from them lol

staggy_gsi
07-04-10, 09:14 PM
That's who you bought your gsi off? Whatever hapened to him?

unfortunately so yes. was a complete bodge job, but i was young and inexperienced and it seemed mint to me. no idea what happened to him, but i got in touch with his ex girlfriend and apparently he did a vanishing act, changed his name etc and left her with all the debt. complete w@nker, id really love to know what hes doing nowadays

Lynsey
07-04-10, 09:18 PM
I will probably send the bloke who I got the blue one off some photos but I lost his address.

LEWI007
07-04-10, 09:20 PM
I will probably send the bloke who I got the blue one off some photos but I lost his address.
Isnt it in the cars log book ?

The guy i bought mine off was just some young lad who used it to drive to work, but he bought it a few months before from some woman according to the logbook, who had owned it from new since 1987 !, so id love to meet both the previous owners, especially since my car has made a great transformation from when i got it.

CoolTiger
07-04-10, 09:21 PM
the lad bought the car off is in prison for ringing cars iirc shame he was a nice bloke :(

mowgli
07-04-10, 09:23 PM
Isnt it in the cars log book ?

The guy i bought mine off was just some young lad who used it to drive to work, but he bought it a few months before from some woman according to the logbook, who had owned it from new since 1987 !, so id love to meet both the previous owners, especially since my car has made a great transformation from when i got it.

they'd probably form a lynch mob

Lynsey
07-04-10, 09:23 PM
No longer in the logbook, nope. The car changed hands in between times. I have the address written down but misplaced it.

dj_wudgey
08-04-10, 11:52 AM
the lad bought the car off is in prison for ringing cars iirc shame he was a nice bloke :(

sounds like it lol

Rexy
08-04-10, 10:48 PM
I showed the prev owner my scooby after i had painted it he approved and liked it. Only popped up as the V5 went MIA.

I see jacks at shows :D

I've not seen the euro thing yet, i know the kid wasnt happy with it after a few months and started to moan about stuff. Buying a Unfinished project car for pennys and expecting greatness fail.

I had chris *ernie* s old nova sr yellow 1300 thing, so he would of seen how that ended up.

and burgo has another one of my old nova saloons lol :D and i like seeing that £80 ****ter turn into an £800 ****ter :P

craig green
08-04-10, 10:50 PM
Rexy; was your euro'dmk2 Nova not sold as a complete working car then?

Rexy
08-04-10, 10:52 PM
it was but as an unfinished project....

for £750 mate there was over 2k's worth of man hours/work prep/paint etc that went into it.

the lads a fairly biggish lad, and apparently the steering rack fell off. It was tac'd up with weld as i hadnt fitted the corsa steering setup. He was advised. Never heard the last of it tbh, everybody he sees or speaks to he/they bitch about it. Rather funny for £750 tbh.

muzzy
08-04-10, 10:53 PM
My mate is the previous owner of mine so will see it quite often.

craig green
08-04-10, 10:54 PM
Oh I see. A pleb.

Rexy
08-04-10, 10:54 PM
if you knew the group of lads, You would understand mate. pmsl...

blue_peg_16v
08-04-10, 10:56 PM
i often wonder what the old dear that used to own mine would think if they saw it everytime i pass nottingham think they would be a bit shocked since i bought it as a stolen recovered from simpsons salvage and they had obviously looked after it it was 1 owner from new

AlexW
08-04-10, 10:58 PM
Rexy, Hes on Corsasport, seems a bit of a idiot from what ive seen lol

Rexy
08-04-10, 11:00 PM
lol, the new owner of mine thinks im a Dick...

Just found it on corsasport http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/7221/14022010074.jpg

how it was http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/7221/22253_1303630275159_1362559072_30843842_4434262_n. jpg