PDA

View Full Version : Bulbs - Need Help & advice!

Nova_Sean
06-04-10, 11:42 AM
Looking at buying some LED bulbs for the rear cluster as im getting clear ones soon. I've had a look around and their appears to be a large selection and im not sure which ones to go for.

Could someone sort me out and post links to the cheapest!

Also. Interested in some HIDs. Whats the legality of them??

Jack
06-04-10, 02:57 PM
You'll need coloured LEDs, I believe the bulb type is 382 or something... I did ask the same question myself not so long ago for the fog bulb.

HIDs.... no legality. lol

bazil
06-04-10, 03:27 PM
The only thing about led bulbs I found out was to get ones with resistors or the car thinks the bulb has blown and does that fast blinking thing other than that you can get various types, just make sure you read the description of the bulb and not order the one in the picture cos it looks about right.

Sonny Jim
06-04-10, 04:41 PM
Iv had a few pairs of them they just don't seem to cut it. No where near as bright fairly chodd to be honest just stick with the normal ones

Lee
06-04-10, 04:45 PM
Why do you want coloured LED's, clear lenses have coloured inserts so just use normal bulbs :)

Nova_Sean
06-04-10, 05:19 PM
Why do you want coloured LED's, clear lenses have coloured inserts so just use normal bulbs :)
Because i dont want the coloured bits!
Ok. Thanks everyone! What do you mean there not as bright... Surely they should be brighter...

Jack
06-04-10, 05:38 PM
http://shoyinka.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/fried-egg-stress-toy.jpg lol

I can see why people think LED ones aren't as bright. They are brighter in most cases, but the light colour output is usually a lighter shade. Plus, LEDs tend to output light in one direction, where as filament outputs a wider arc of light.

Regard, une discothèque:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/Cars/Project%20Ghey/16012010426.jpg

LEDs on bottom, filament on top.

IRL the light is a fair bit more pinky than the top, which you can't really see in the pic. Thats in twin Euro lamps btw, so clear lense with no colour filter.