PDA

View Full Version : rear sus problem

mr5050
05-04-10, 11:04 PM
im currently building a nova as a run around while i spruce up my van, ive got a few shells lying around and a shed load of parts so i fort id knock something up quick. Started the build sunday evening had the old engine out and interior, yesterday put a valver in, bilstein sus, buckets, harnesses etc, today got tank, fuel lines, rad, fan and manifold in but keep having to come back to the rear struts! im having problems getting a bolt on the thread (that pokes through the chassis) as the strut is just spinning as i turn the nut and there is not enough of the thread sticking out to get the mole grips on, ive tried all the nuts ive got and none of them are going on nicely, whats the best thing to do, is it a special type of thread ,it does look like the groves of the thread are slightly closer together than most, but that might just be me? any ideas?

let_nova
05-04-10, 11:05 PM
take the strut off the axle. poke it up through hole put nut on a bit then pull the bottom of the shock to the side a bit, tighten nut as you do this.

Jon_nova1
05-04-10, 11:21 PM
its a different thread, i think the nuts from the engine front offside mount are what you need lol

mr5050
05-04-10, 11:25 PM
its a different thread, i think the nuts from the engine front offside mount are what you need lol
knew it, cheers mate:thumb: