PDA

View Full Version : Launch Control?

l1nuxxx
05-04-10, 09:46 PM
Anyone fitted launch control to there Nova? I was considering it for drag racing but I think it will eat my clutch.

Whats your opinion?

Adam
05-04-10, 09:47 PM
You need engine management thats got launch control.

Basically its just a low rev limiter that you can activate on a button

l1nuxxx
05-04-10, 09:48 PM
I have the button lol. I found one up my loft that my brother never fitted to his supercharged rover 216. I was thinking of binning std management anyway.

Nova_Tek
05-04-10, 09:49 PM
I have launch control. It's my left and right foot.

Angus Closier
05-04-10, 09:50 PM
To be honest is it really worth it? What spec you running? what tyres? I would just spend the money on some good rubber and keep your loud pedal at the right place rather than flat on the floor!!

mowgli
05-04-10, 09:53 PM
the thing about launch control is that you have to do a ton of practice starts to work out what is best, so you might as well spend on decent rubber & do a ton of practice starts. there is no substitute for experience, and each time up the strip, the conditions may be different. does the car have an LSD??

l1nuxxx
05-04-10, 09:54 PM
To be honest is it really worth it? What spec you running? what tyres? I would just spend the money on some good rubber and keep your loud pedal at the right place rather than flat on the floor!!

Thats what I was wondering. I have Pirelli P-Zero Tyres. 2.5v6 with 3.0 cams and a chipped ecu. I don't know if Launch control is just for people who cant drive properly lol I think an LSD might be a better investment?

l1nuxxx
05-04-10, 09:55 PM
the thing about launch control is that you have to do a ton of practice starts to work out what is best, so you might as well spend on decent rubber & do a ton of practice starts. there is no substitute for experience, and each time up the strip, the conditions may be different. does the car have an LSD??

No mate I don't atm

mowgli
05-04-10, 09:57 PM
if it is an f20 box, then there is an omega (old carlton) model that had a factory lsd but it was sold on the continent.. mayhem posted something about it, he might know where to get one

Jon_nova1
05-04-10, 10:03 PM
were you looking to fit it just because you could? The tyres you have are decent enough, i have the same, as Mowgli says an LSD is a better investment

Mike
05-04-10, 10:04 PM
Just use either a Micro Dynamics Swift Shift (£110+vat) or there Over Rev Limiter (£110+vat)?